DJI has released ND8 & ND16 camera lens filters

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Ah, finally some lens filters everyone can use. DJI just released ND8 and ND16 camera lens filters. These screw onto the camera -- replacing the existing UV filter:

Last edited:
****! I just pre-ordered the 6-filter kit from PolarPro. Oh well, I'm getting much more anyway. Delivery late this month.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I bought the first they sold and liked it. What would be the better one out of the 2 to get.

lol and I just bought the ones on ebay. That's ok though, they work really well without the unscrewing.

I still would like a graduated fliter ... looking at the Snake River ND 16. Top end 16, bottom end 8.

I too am looking to get that filter...saw this guys video of an island i frequent...loved his shots, and he uses the srp graduated nd-16/8 filter...let me know what you think if you get these filters...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The shipping is outrageous though, more than £13 to the UK which makes a very expensive tiny bit of glass. (about £34)
Eventually local dealers will have them I guess.

Yes i saw that, did not buy in the end, waiting on dealer to have stock.

I still would like a graduated fliter ... looking at the Snake River ND 16. Top end 16, bottom end 8.
It all goes wrong if you tilt down though.
It's a clumsy concept on an aerial camera - not convinced.
If you only get one the ND8 would be the best option IMO.
Unless you are in a glary desert, beach or snow scene.

I have the SRP ND8, which I like, but I still apply a gradient from black to 50% gray on the sky in Premium Pro (I made a series of gradients in photoshop, and apply them as needed as a layer in overlay mode). I may go with a straight 16 and keep the gradient option on hand. Waiting to hear (I hope) from people who are using the graduated ND. A normal sunny day can be enough to warrant a 16 if you are trying keep shutter to 2x the frame rate, which for me is 60 at 4K 30.

Yea 95% of my flying is in the desert so should I go with the ND16?

WOW I just when on the DJI site to check out the price. I was going to order the ND 16. (I already have and ND 8). $29 seemed pretty reasonable. $20 shipping charge. Holy cr@p.

Useful little video on 'how' to use ND filters;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just purchased both the 8 and 16 - made the 20.00 shipping hurt less... but not much less LOL.... anyway we'll see when I get them :)

Just got mine last week! Very impressed. Super simple to take on and off for quick changing!

lol.

Good luck, Buckaye. I like my 8, but I am really careful about putting it on and removing it ... it can be a tug of war with the gimbal, and that scares me a little bit. Best to get a simultaneous grip on camera and mounting plate to hold it steady, esp when taking it off. I have read that the snugness of the fit is variable, so maybe I just got one of the "snug" ones.

Just got mine last week! Very impressed. Super simple to take on and off for quick changing!

I understand the one person's comments about the negative when tilting down, but when I am doing a serious video that includes the sky, I could use the graduated filter without problems I would think. I suppose for randomly flying around and shooting a grad filter isn't the first choice, but it sure would be nice to help deepen the sky for shots the include it. More than one tool in the toolkit might be required!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31