DJI - GOOD Warranty Service

It's an opportunity to try out some of your own sticker concepts. For example one I can think of is to cut some reflective tape to size and put it on.

I think DJI is growing faster than their infrastructure and acclimation to a world economy can keep up with. I've had several DJI problems where it seemed they were purposefully trying to be obtuse when doing the right thing would have been easier. Every email begins with a profusion of apologies for the inconvenience caused...then they continue irritating me by further dodging the problem and continuing the irritation with more bad service. It's like they are trying to manage our expectations by keeping the bar consistently low. I think its time we manage their expectations. Think of it as a parent needing to teach a child how to behave in the world...and often with tough love.

We should counter their lack of respect for common principles of customer service and fairness; they should hear from their customers about what we expect after spending thousands of dollars with them. I say press on...and with diligence...and not settle for bad behavior and inferior treatment. In my last idiotic encounter, they offered me a credit on my account because of previous failures on their part (which was appreciated...and earned after what I went through), then proceeded to deduct it over yet another problem on their side. Really? After not letting up, it actually ended up in the hands of "Ann" in Shenzhen and, after much apologizing, she instantly fixed the problem. BAM...it really was that easy to simply do the right thing. Baby steps.

Beyong if you have to pay or not and all issues related, the drone should return as it was when received for repair on the extend of the capabilities of the repair center, if yours has a Hello Kitty sticker its going to be hard to get it back as it was but if the drone was sended with the factory color scheme they should be able to do it unless the parts are discontinued or part of a limited edition.

I think the problem is that DJI outsources the repairs and customer service. The actual problem is that DJI is not monitoring the service of the company that they hired. They may also not allow departments to make any kind of decisions. When I had an email conversation with their general counsel he said he got approval from his boss to allow an $86 repair outside of warranty.

I think what happened in this case was someone at DJI realized that they should have sent the stickers and made an effort to smooth things over. They ended up doing a great job.

Edit: Please see my follow up post #39:
DJI - GOOD Warranty Service

I'm at a loss and simply stunned at the response I just got from DJI.

I received my P3P back from warranty repair a few days ago. DJI took care of the bill and turn around time was _very_ fast. Part of the repair was a upper shell replacement. The new shell has no stickers. They included metallic purple and rose color stickers but no gold stickers that come with the Professional. Did the chat and was asked to call DJI at 818-235-0789. I called and Ruben tells me that the repair center does not have gold stickers and that I can buy them from DJI for about $3 (I can't find any). I explain that the stickers are removed to make warranty repairs so they should be replaced. He tells me that the repair center does not have them. I explain this appears to be an issue DJI needs to correct but it does not change that they need to be replaced. I asked to speak to someone else. He puts me over to Pete. Pete tells me that the warranty does not cover the stickers. I ask where it states this. He states it does not. He tells me the warranty does not cover non-flight items. I ask where it states this. He states it does not. He tells me that he will put in a request for stickers but he doubts they will send the gold ones.

I'm not making this up! DJI cannot replace 5 cent gold stickers? Perhaps they are real gold.

I think it's _clear_ that they should be replaced under warranty if they need to be removed. DJI has come a long way in improving their customer service but that is not difficult when you start at 0 and are now at a 3. It's not like this is a $100, $50 or $10 part.... it's about 5 cents or less.

Kinda whiny, yes?

While I don't own a P3, for the pics I can tell you that the fist thing that I will do it's to get rid of the gold bars and make some of red and silver reflective tape... I see that as giving personality and uniqueness to the drones!

gee... so many posts for couple 5 cents stickers. Would it kill him buying the stickers somewhere else.

Question... if you ran a business and someone pointed out that you did not include something and it was only 5 cents... what you would do? Tell the person you simply are not going to include it even though it should have been included? You'd consider that good business or poor business? In that it's 5 cents of stickers only shows that there is no good reason for DJI not to include them.

However, as mentioned above, the more important part is that DJI came through and more then made up for the over-sight.

Some people are happy with half a glass, some demand the glass be filled.
No win here.

To use the analogy... how would you feel if you bought and paid for a full glass but they only served your 1/2 glass? Would you be thankful that you got anything at all?

It's an opportunity to try out some of your own sticker concepts. For example one I can think of is to cut some reflective tape to size and put it on.

I have reflective tape that is used for trailers and trucks, white and adjacent red panels. It's called conspicuity tape and can be purchased in 1' to 3' lengths, or in 100' rolls. The smallest length would provide ample material to cut many with a hobby knife, using an original DJI sticker as a template if wanted! Highly visible, much more so than the DJI product. Available from Home Depot here in the States.

Last edited:
To use the analogy... how would you feel if you bought and paid for a full glass but they only served your 1/2 glass? Would you be thankful that you got anything at all?

Stop using this analogy - it does not work because they gave you a second half glass but you disliked the brand

I have reflective tape that is used for trailers and trucks, white and adjacent red panels. It's called conspicuity tape and can be purchased in 1' to 3' lengths, or in 100' rolls. The smallest length would provide ample material to cut many with a hobby knife, using an original DJI sticker as a template if wanted! Highly visible, much more so than the DJI product. Available from Home Depot here in the States..

tape copy.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31