DJI Goggles with Phantom 4 Pro - USB vs. HDMI Module

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am a new owner of a Phantom 4 Pro. I am considering purchasing the DJI Goggles. However, I am torn between connecting them via USB vs. HDMI. I understand that I need an HDMI Module to use both my phone/tablet and the goggles. However, if I just use the goggles I can connect via USB.

Concerns about connecting via USB:
-Relying solely on the display of the goggles. If there is a connection issue or if I need to adjust settings I will be limited to do so on the goggles.

Concerns about connecting via HDMI
-Reduce image quality
-Additional cost of HDMI Output Module

Can those of you who have been thought this explain your experiences. Which is best and what troubles have you encountered? I am not concerned about features such as head tracking. I just want a nice view while I am flying that is high-quality and reliable.

Hello folks,

I am a new owner of a Phantom 4 Pro. I am considering purchasing the DJI Goggles. However, I am torn between connecting them via USB vs. HDMI. I understand that I need an HDMI Module to use both my phone/tablet and the goggles. However, if I just use the goggles I can connect via USB.

Concerns about connecting via USB:
-Relying solely on the display of the goggles. If there is a connection issue or if I need to adjust settings I will be limited to do so on the goggles.

Concerns about connecting via HDMI
-Reduce image quality
-Additional cost of HDMI Output Module

Can those of you who have been thought this explain your experiences. Which is best and what troubles have you encountered? I am not concerned about features such as head tracking. I just want a nice view while I am flying that is high-quality and reliable.
Yip I brought goggles,,I have old p4 so had to get module for remote,then hdmi would not fit remote module I buy until I got a hdmi adapter, nearly a 1000 before I could use them,,,yes can conect just to charging plug on goggles but make sure you start app on device before plugging goggles in or be flight restrictions,,they view is very clear from the goggles so don't worry about that,,yes hdmi module for me was kick in the pants at 180 but good investment for me set up,,display to tablet and goggles,there also a setting in the app under HD for display to both devices and option to display all info on the head set,,I can't really wear to much or they make you sic , friends or whoever can watch while I use me tablet screen,,to imersive viewing for me and now understand how fvp is not for all,good luck

I have both P4P and goggles, I dont use HDMI module. I connect to DJI go4 with 10.5 ipad and then plug goggles in. I tried switching between ipad and goggles (unplug and replug), mid-flight with no problem. I do the same thing with my spark. I bought the goggles for use with a mavic pro. I dont have a mavic yet. Using HDMI for goggles in p4p does not give you telemetry info. This was true when I did my research before I bought the goggles. I dont know if this has changed. I dont like flying with goggles on without telemetry info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic