DJI GO Update?

Reaction score
This morning DJI GO updated itself, without asking my permission, may I add, to "DJI Go Create". Maybe this is not a new app- I'm a new owner- but whatever "DJI Go Create" is, it is holding my iPad Mini Air hostage.

It is a good looking app, but I can't get rid of it! My iPad Pro still running the original (to me) app is on the way to a successful firmware upgrade, (I hope), so that's cool, but I can't fly with an iPad Pro!

I have a cheesy little LG that downloaded the GO app, but I really want to use my iPad. Yes, this could be an iPad problem, but it never happened before this morning.

Any thoughts welcome...

Switch off auto updates or put the device in airplane mode to prevent unwanted crap, as Rod has noted, from bombing you. Haven't heard of DJI GO Create as a standalone app, why can't you just delete it from the iPad? Press and hold the icon, hit the X and delete it. Or am I missing something?

Reactions: CoopCK
Thanks for the suggestions. It is a real mystery.

I turn on the iPad in the normal manner- Press the "Home" button at the bottom, slide to unlock, and the expected sign-in screen appears. The first hint that there's still a problem is that it is locked in landscape orientation. After tapping in the 4 digit security code the DJI Go app is there and I can tap the home button all day to no avail- "Go" never allows me to exit. I can go to the "Me" page, sign out, and the "Sign in" page appears, but again no ability to exit the app. I can't find any selection within the app for "Quit" or "Exit", or any other such option.

I actually wouldn't care- I am willing to have the iPad be dedicated to the task, but I can't get to "Settings" to toggle the WiFi, for example. Attempting to reset the iPad to factory settings form the iTunes application on another computer again requires a selection from "Settings" which, of course, I am unable to access.

Frustrating.

I gave up. I'll probably need Apple Service to get my iPad back.

As a very successful alternative, thank goodness, (I was getting pretty pi**ed), a Samsung Galaxy Tab Elite, less than a hundred bucks at WallyWorld, is running the "Go" program very nicely. I flew the virtual Phantom in the flight simulator- Encouraging...

Reactions: seeking
I'd have to say no- I flew yesterday with a sun shield for the first time, and in bright sunlight, the shade did me absolutely no good. I have basically memorized the critical controls of the Go App and their position on the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West