DJI Go secretly disabled overnight

Again the iOS version never had the RC home location problem so DJI had no need to force upgrade. If you are on an something, the discussion in this thread is not applicable to your situation.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

SOME pilots deserve to loose their drone , if the the new app stops a flyaway WHY fight it . I had a fly away twice with the 312 app which set a new home point mid flight after RTH was activated , the new version has cured that .
Yes but only 3.1.2 was affected so there's no reason to force upgrades on versions older than 3.1.2. THAT'S the point we're all making.
Force update on 3.1.2? absolutely.
But not necessary on 3.1.1 or older. Nag yes, force no.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
I would rather have a vendor force everyone to be on the current release (most vendors do today) so that they don't need to spend so much support resources for multiple active releases. That way the limited resources can eradicate bugs in software and firmware as well as provide enhancements. The vendor should, however, have the capability to "recall" a bad release by automatically "back-leveling" their install base if needed with a required "update" back to the previous release.

hey guys...i've been using the 3.1.5 dji go app on my apple (wifi only) mini 2 ios 10.2.1 for quite a while with no issues, even with the phantom 3 pro 4k getting the 1.10.90 update that a lot of people seem to have problems with. i'm just going with the old 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' kinda thing. if anyone has any questions about the camera dropping down, then popping back up through the whole flight and you're using the plastic filter sleeve that threads on the various nd filters, i'll be glad to let you know how i solved that bad decision.....thanks....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3