DJI Go secretly disabled overnight

There is a way to roll back apple products, just search the forum for it
just imagine situation that the same issue happens on iOS version of DJI GO - they will force users to upgrade to some newest version
so, how will rolling back of iOS DJI GO help you? it won't, you'll be forced to do the upgrade anyway

just imagine situation that the same issue happens on iOS version of DJI GO - they will force users to upgrade to some newest version
so, how will rolling back of iOS DJI GO help you? it won't, you'll be forced to do the upgrade anyway
Its exactly as you stated earlier. If this had been on iOS, it would be much harder (maybe impossible) to invent any workaround. I agree with you for sure.

Yeah but Crash, there are others here who have an older version which is bug free and want to continue using something they have gained some confidence in.

Yeah which is why I said if you have the buggy app version, anything else is fine mate

That's why I use apple products, nothing is going to update or change without my permission.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

this exact procedure would work on your super Apple products as well.

This message is NOT a change of the APP.
it is generated from DJI via the internet connection ALL devices use to call home to DJI servers.
the moment the IP is detected that message happens--device BRAND means nothing at that point...

Samsung used similar concept to kill the recent bad devices

good luck and have fun flying!

It looks to me like you only have to disable wifi before opening the GO app and it will continue to work as always, except with no maps. I run 2.9.1 and have had no interruptions, I just live without maps.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Sometime recently in the past few days DJI has disabled all older versions of DJI Go. I drove a half hour this morning to get into the countryside to do some Windsurfer tests.

When I turned on the bird and the remote DJI Go came up as a choice and I selected "Just Once" as usual.

THEN a Tip popped up telling me a new version is available either through Play Store or online. I could press either button, but there was no way around it. I ying-yanged around and gave up and drove home.

At home I tried a tablet, and the same thing.

I use an older version of DJI Go which has proven over many months to be safe and reliable. I have gone into my phone and blocked updates of apps to save it from an update such as the recent one which sent many birds returning home in the next county for that reason.

How did DJI get in and corrupt my app? I DO NOT allow things I own to do things behind my back without my knowledge. That is the reason a high zoot computer with Windows 10 went back to Best Buy after less than one day. Reading this forum for the last six or eight months, it is hard to argue with my game plan. Until recently I have flown a LOT without incident, by following my rules and using common sense. If I have something which works fine,. why discard it?

I have discovered over a lot of years that many of the new and improved enhancements I am begged to partake of are really enhancements for the enhancer, NOT me.

I will now block all access to the internet on a spare phone and sideload Go 2.8.1 or whatever it is I have squireled away and see if that works. This is sure to disable maps though.

Is this happening to everyone? And is there a simple solution?
I find the opposite strategy works best for all of my high tech apps, computers, drones, and the list goes on. Keeping current assures support when needed. Infrequently, there may be a software issue, but that is very rare. The biggest issue with new software is that more function requires more processing power and memory over time. You will need new hardware (e.g. A new computer, phone, iPad, drone). That's fine with me as I like moving forward with progress in technology.

Yes, several threads since it first started a day or two ago. Needless to say, a disappointing turn of events that I suspect is a result of the very serious home point bug in the original Android v3.1.2.
Any problems like this on iOS?

Nothing strange here...although, my setup is probably ancient. I think it is beyond DISGUSTING that DJI "forces" anything on users that paid their hard-earned money for these machines.

Phantom P3 Advanced
Aircraft firmware 1.4.10
Controller firmware 1.3.20
The DJI GO App I use is version 2.1.0
(This is the version that brought on POI, 2K video, etc, and controller and battery update; and these work really well)
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (Android tablet), WiFi only

Nothing strange here...although, my setup is probably ancient. I think it is beyond DISGUSTING that DJI "forces" anything on users that paid their hard-earned money for these machines.

Phantom P3 Advanced
Aircraft firmware 1.4.10
Controller firmware 1.3.20
The DJI GO App I use is version 2.1.0
(This is the version that brought on POI, 2K video, etc, and controller and battery update; and these work really well)
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (Android tablet), WiFi only

I get the point you make
but consider this.

maybe a few hundred thousand had the unsafe defective 3.1.2 firmware onboard
MANY MANY did not know t was unsafe--not all use forums etc
With report after report of lost home point and aircraft. a major crash or event was bound to occur

They also were replacing many units due to this,
fortunately none of the lost quads hit anything.
If they did nothing to stop this unsafe version completely they would have been help negligent the moment something went real bad>

They had no real choice but to do this.

THINK about how the same thing HAD to be done recently with unsafe SAMSUNG devices ...

good luck and have fun flying.

some times folks its it NOT about us the individual.

I understand forced upgrade of 3.1.2, but obviously they can determine what version you have installed or it would pop up on 3.1.3 so the poop could have been for 3.1.2.
I thought perhaps 3.1.2 might sneak in from older versions but then that would bring in current version 3.1.3.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I understand forced upgrade of 3.1.2, but obviously they can determine what version you have installed or it would pop up on 3.1.3 so the poop could have been for 3.1.2.
I thought perhaps 3.1.2 might sneak in from older versions but then that would bring in current version 3.1.3.

I agree sir.

Its very obvious why they needed to move away from Android v3.1.2, so nobody should complain about that. The issue people seem to have is that they didnt just target 3.1.2 specifically. They targeted all prior Android versions as well. That strategy is what is causing some grief with the folks who were perfectly happy with their older versions.

Possibly 3.1.3 adds an identifier at call home that nullifies the message.

in other words ALL are blocked
until or unless
the NEW 3.1.3 flag is sent to allow connection......

in other words exact opposite of the process you mention

Not sure what everyone here is taking about. I have advance 3 and GoApp 3.0.0 on iPad mini 4.Every time I start to fly I get the message their is a Go update. I close the message and fly with no problems. I have been getting this message about the update for so long I can remember when it started. I fly two to three times a week.

I have a P3P and iPad mini combo I have used for a year and a half, or so. iPad is not allowed network connectivity via any means. No wifi not 3G etc.

I flew today with no issues. Using an older version of DJI Go. It pops up the check screen saying things need to be updated, but otherwise it does not interfere in any other manner.

I don't know what version I am running, though.

SOME pilots deserve to loose their drone , if the the new app stops a flyaway WHY fight it . I had a fly away twice with the 312 app which set a new home point mid flight after RTH was activated , the new version has cured that .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl