DJI GO on surface pro 4

Reaction score
Hi I have a p3a and I am getting a surface pro 4. I did some research and as far as I know it does not have the app for the phantom. So I am Thinking about running a virtual box Android on my surface to make it work. Question is has any one here tried using AMIDuOS on a surface with the phantom? Apparently it is much better than bluestacks but will it work?

For the people saying get an Android tablet which is (fair enoug) outside of flying I will use the tablet also for work where I need windows.

Hello I installed Android onto my laptop a couple of times actually, different releases from different sources I've tried BlueStacks which is an emulator, I've tried remix OS which is more of a legitimate OS it boots from a thumb drive. for some reason I couldn't get the DJI controller to connect to my laptop I made sure USB debugging was enabled so basically I think ADB/ USB issue there, remix OS I must say I'm very impressed at remix OS the dji go app boots quick and I feel it would work rather good. I'm using Spectre x360 which is a touchscreen laptop.

Thanx for the info. I will be getting the sp4 either way but this will give me more options to play with. Iam not a big fan of blue stacks, it's alright for some small task but I always had trouble getting it to run smoothly. I will look in to remix os next to AMIDuOS. Let you know how I go once I have the tablet. I heard some people had issues with the USB port but will see how I go.

I have a few Intel based devices I bought specifically for my dji gear and had to Abandon! Dji don't support intel chipsets in sdk. Dji Go works like a charm... Anything else like Litchi drone deploy will NOT work!

Hi guys. I've got a PS3 advanced.
I'm wanting to find out if I can use my surface pro 4 for the DJI go app to fly my drone?
If so how do I set it up please?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi guys. I've got a PS3 advanced.
I'm wanting to find out if I can use my surface pro 4 for the DJI go app to fly my drone?
If so how do I set it up please?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Sorry, but the DJI Go app is only available for iOS and Android. In theory, you could run the app on your Surface using an Android emulator, either with Genymotion or Microsoft's Android Emulator, but in actual practice I wouldn't trust it. You would be better off using an Android tablet or an iPad.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers