DJI go iOS app update 3.0.0

Just flew this morning with update. I like it. The telemetry information is much easier to see with a quick look and the interface is better for video and photos. I had no issues with video, except Facebook live stream chopped out some, which it always seems to do. Range was great too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Has anybody figured out what the "Centering Camera" feature does yet? I'm still having issues getting my camera to center up when powering the bird on and if this is a feature that will fix that, that would be great.

Hey everyone. I know some people are complaining about lag and some other things with the new app. I am not one of them, that goodness. I have to say that for my PS3, this is the best it has functioned since May!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey everyone. I know some people are complaining about lag and some other things with the new app. I am not one of them, that goodness. I have to say that for my PS3, this is the best it has functioned since May!

Nice!

Yeah haven't had any lag or app crashing issues. To me it's just the C2+Exposure Dial combo I'd like to see operational again.

Still waiting on the Android Version... This is so backwards, Android always got the updates first. I'm guessing we will get it before the Mavic starts shipping since it's needed to fly it.

Reactions: Nickster
Does anyone know if GEO, web based geo-fence that can be changed or activated anywhere any time to restrict flight, is still optional in V3 like it was in V2.9.1? There was a slide that you can turn on and off before. Does that still exist in V3? Or is it now always on so your bird have to phone home and ask for permission each time you fly?

Does anyone know if GEO, web based geo-fence that can be changed or activated anywhere any time to restrict flight, is still optional in V3 like it was in V2.9.1? There was a slide that you can turn on and off before. Does that still exist in V3? Or is it now always on so your bird have to phone home and ask for permission each time you fly?

Yeah it's still there. I hear DJI stated that at some stage it won't be optional anymore but it seems it's not the case just yet.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I want to do a little poll with everyone on this. If you are having issues, have you modded you setup or tried to force it back to previous firmware/app at some point? I have been running stock with no major issue since I got my P3S. I am just curious since I wonder if messing with stuff is screwing things up for some. It is basically a computer, and sometimes messing with setup on a computer, as I have done, screws it up.

If/when this arrives for Android, looking at the screen grabs (thanks Suhail78!) and if this new layout is carried over onto the HDMI output, then it could be very good news for me and all other Android users of Eachine Goggles One FPV goggles.

As many here know, Eachine Goggles One only display 16:9 and so have a cut-off of displayed flight information at top and bottom, due to being unable to correctly handle the 16:10 aspect ratio output of the dji HDMI module. You can only see the top half of the flight information and are left guessing what lies in the lower half of the display. Details here:- Eachine Goggles One 5 Inches 5.8G 40CH Raceband HD 1080p HDMI FPV Goggles Video Glasses

I mainly use Litchi and have voice announcements set to every 30 seconds, but a continuous written display of that info which I could see would be so much better.

Hopefully, the new layout might move the 'essential' flight info (Vertical Height and Horizontal Distance) further up the screen on the HDMI output, so there could be a chance that we Eachine Goggles One users might actually be able to see all of it!

I live in hope..... :)

Anyone else been having issues with DJI GO and the nvidia shield the past say 4+ updates??

Mine keeps restarting during flight.. also keep getting takeoff failed randomly.

Have deleted app, reset tab to factory installed and cleaned multiple times.. nothing fixes it.

Happened today again with the latest version.

can be seen here at 1min 20sec.

Note: My bird also has a GPS problem sending in for service this week keeps going out of GPS as you can see in above video.

Just flew today (P3 adv) and i'm getting horrible lag when I go about 50m away (I know- very wierd). I also had the image glitch out while in flight, and had to bring it back without camera view.
Phone used: Lenovo Vibe x2.
(CE)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic