DJI GO Compatible Tablets

Reaction score
I had read on several forums that the RCA Voyager II was compatible with the DJI GO app. IT IS NOT! I found that out after buying one.

I had read on several forums that the RCA Voyager II was compatible with the DJI GO app. IT IS NOT! I found that out after buying one.
If by not compatible you mean you were not able to install it, then download the DJI GO APK and sideload it.

The Nvidia Shield K1 is a great Android tablet capable of handling the DJI Go App (at least up to 2.8.1 from what I understand, no personal experience with newer), and is currently back in stock at Best Buy for $199 after being out for a long time. I couldn't recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab A as I bought one with the sole purpose of using ONLY for my Phantom 3, 4, and inspires, but it can't handle the video stream without chopping horribly, so I replaced it with the Shield K1.
I also have a dedicated iPad mini 2, which works flawless.

Reactions: Santiego
The Nvidia Shield K1 is a great Android tablet capable of handling the DJI Go App (at least up to 2.8.1 from what I understand, no personal experience with newer), and is currently back in stock at Best Buy for $199 after being out for a long time. I couldn't recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab A as I bought one with the sole purpose of using ONLY for my Phantom 3, 4, and inspires, but it can't handle the video stream without chopping horribly, so I replaced it with the Shield K1.
I also have a dedicated iPad mini 2, which works flawless.
I'm guessing if you had to choose between the mini & the shield for one tablet dedicated to flying, you would choose the mini?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The K1 is-would be easier to do screen capture and with its hdmi output be easier to view on a bigger screen. Both Ipad and the K1 have processors geared towards video. I would have gotten a K1 but they were out of stock at BB, B&H, and Newegg in April.
My original Ipad pretty much gave up a couple weeks ago so I went to BB to see the stock of Ipad air 2 that are being discontinued and after being hit in the head by a falling monitor got a air 2 with unlocked cell connection for a good price. The extra screen space is nice for older eyes.

I'm guessing if you had to choose between the mini & the shield for one tablet dedicated to flying, you would choose the mini?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well, I hate to say it, because I am a Linux / Android guy, but I have had NO issues with my iPad, and it works wonderfully. I cut my teeth on Apple, started using windows out of necessity for my line of work starting in the early 90's (1994 and on), but grew to love Linux and Unix due to stability and complete manipulation. Once Apple went BSDI base with OSX, then of course android phones, I was in love once again with Apple. Apple is the only company I can think of that produces the hardware and codes the software, which is why their products are so stable. They also have stringent requirements for apps in the itunes store. With the Android market, which I love, you have all these various vendors producing various levels of hardware, so you never know how anything will perform from one device to the next. So, all that long winded back story, yes, I prefer my iPad for my UAV's because I know it's going to work, and not have much, if any hiccups. The Shield K1 though is a solid performer, and designed for games, so it's a power house, and will also perform well.
Both the shield K1 and iPad are strict dedicated devices though, and I do nothing with them other than fly my birds. I disable WiFi and do not surf the net or download or use other apps aside from litchi and DJI Go (well, HiveMapper recently as well)

Reactions: Santiego
Does anyone know if an iPad 3rd gen is a good compatible device??!!!! I can get one for 100 is why I'm asking

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic