DJI GO app

Reaction score
Have a Phantom 3 pro and use the DJI GO app. Can't get "follow me" to work even though I've tried different cell phones.
Either I get a GPS signal too weak or too far away, someone who has a solution. Has anyone tried Litchi?

Have a Phantom 3 pro and use the DJI GO app. Can't get "follow me" to work even though I've tried different cell phones.
Either I get a GPS signal too weak or too far away,
GPS signal too weak really means No GPS Signal.
Possible causes for that are:
GPS not present or not enabled on the phone/tablet .. or
Phone/tablet in a location where GPS signal is blocked by trees, obstacles, terrain etc .. or
Some users (particularly with Apple devices) are reporting the message even though both of the above are not the issue.

GPS signal too weak really means No GPS Signal.
Possible causes for that are:
GPS not present or not enabled on the phone/tablet .. or
Phone/tablet in a location where GPS signal is blocked by trees, obstacles, terrain etc .. or
Some users (particularly with Apple devices) are reporting the message even though both of the above are not the issue.
I have tried with different phones and different places but got the same results. Both drones and the remote control are up to date, may be testing the Litchi app.

Follow the remote
The P3P references where it is by its home point by means of GPS. It does not know where its controller is. So if by "remote" you mean the controller, then no matter where you go with it, the AC isn't going to follow you.

The Folow-me mode on the P3P relies on the GPS-signal of the smart-device. The RC transmittes this GPS-signal to the AC so the AC knows where the RC is and follows it. NOT to confuse with active-track!
This method is also used for Dynamic-Homepoint in Litchi.
If it doesn't work with DJI-GO it will also not work with Litchi.
Litchi however has a Track-mode which is comparable with Active-track.
I used Follow-me with DJI-GO and Litchi a lot with the Samsung Galaxy S3 and S7 without problems, never used the Track-mode with Litchi.

Reactions: Quest-So

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT