DJi Go Android App - It Always Runs

Reaction score
Thought I'd grab a new Nvidia Shield K1 to mess with mainly beacause it has HDMI out and can mirror to the HeadPlay Goggles I have. This was to eliminate screen reflections and general tablet brightness issues. I've used Apple devices up until now.

The K1 is fine but it's no iPad. The GO App runs ok but generally it's not as smooth of an experience on the K1. The whole USB device deal after plugging in the RC to the tablet is a mess as well.

So I installed an android app from the Google Play store called SystemPanel2. That app provides a bevy of information about your device and running processes (CPU, RAM, Disk etc.). Much to my surprise the DJi GO App is ALWAYS running even after a clean reboot. Sure it's typically idle as indicated by SystemPanel2 but why does it need to be instantiated 24/7? There are other user installed apps that are doing the same but in my case they are a Weather app, Firewall app and VPN app. Those apps I could understand. As a side note my K1 is running Marshmellow as I heard the GO App has issues with Nougat. Also the SystemPanel2 app isn't able to gather as much info on Nougat versus Marshmellow.

As a side note go install the NetGuard app from the Play store as well. It shows what each app is doing as far as internet calls to various websites. Have a look at the DJi GO App.

The only place multiple control apps are likely to conflict in a troublesome way is at the USB interface (contending for access to the controller) and the answer there is be sure that none of the apps is set as to have default access to the USB port. This does mean that you will have to specify which app should have access each time one is run, but that's not a big deal. I have 3 or 4 control apps installed on my Android tablet (Nexus 7 2013) and it doesn't matter which are indicated as 'running' (they're not actually, and have no access to the USB port and thus the controller even if they were), I've never had a single problem with conflicts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik