DJI Go 4 software glitch causes RTH altitude increase above limits

Thank you for clarifying that aspect. A closer reading confirms your statement:

"With Your Consent. We may share your information in other circumstances with your consent. Your consent to share your content and information is assumed when you post or share content or information to our website. Flight information is treated as private, unless you choose to share it. Your consent to share flight information is assumed when you use the sharing feature, or when you share a direct link to a flight page."

Yea that's not the part I'm talking about. ;)

Yes, I have observed that. When the aircraft has to rise to get to the set RTH altitude, there is no problem. However, that does not disprove my theory. The RTH altitude could certainly be mis-programmed in one case but not in the other. We already know that the horizontal speed is shown in kph even for those of us who have selected mph as the unit of measurement.

I admit that I don't grasp the meaning of the word "firmware". To me, if an issue can be corrected with a downloadable programming change, it's a "software" issue, and if it cannot be corrected with a programming change, it's a "hardware" issue. The distinction which names an in-between 3rd category called "firmware" is lost on me.

Engineer here. Yea, the names are funny. Software is generally a higher level application that hardware runs (windows, adobe photoshop, etc.) Firmware is a low level application that controls/commands the hardware to make it do what it was designed to do. They are both technically code but generally software is a high-level program like C++, Python, JAVA whereas Firmware is usually assembly, C, etc.

Reactions: Bigbells
My issue is a few lines in your privacy policy.

- we may collect and store flight information including: flight duration, location, speed and altitude, and images captured during the flight.

You're collecting and storing images captured during flight? That's pretty invasive.

If you fly with DJI GO, it's DJI that collects images and place the images in the log. We only harvest these images from the log, and the vast majority of users find it useful to view along their flight log.

- We may use the information we collect for the various purposes described below:
  • obtain information about users for marketing and market research purposes;
Can we opt out of that?
You may opt out of marketing emails by clicking unsubscribe.

Lastly, and this one REALLY is just as invasive as the images one:
  • detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity;
I don't even know what to say to that, other than no thanks. It's one thing if you are forced to give up info via subpoena, but to actively try to detect and seek out such activities? So the guy flying outside of VLOS could be in trouble for using your site. Etc and so on.

This is standard language that you will see on most sites out there. For example, take a look at the following from the Google terms of service/Privacy:
"We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law." Source: Google Terms of Service – Privacy & Terms – Google
So if someone posts a link or content on our site that is illegal, we are obligated to remove it, otherwise we are liable.

I hope this clarifies it.
Eran

If you fly with DJI GO, it's DJI that collects images and place the images in the log. We only harvest these images from the log, and the vast majority of users find it useful to view along their flight log.
Can I opt out of this? What if a user doesn't want you keeping their images?

You may opt out of marketing emails by clicking unsubscribe.
That part doesn't talk about marketing emails. It is talking about you collecting information for marketing purposes. Can I opt out of you collecting my information for marketing purposes?

This is standard language that you will see on most sites out there. For example, take a look at the following from the Google terms of service/Privacy:
"We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law." Source: Google Terms of Service – Privacy & Terms – Google
So if someone posts a link or content on our site that is illegal, we are obligated to remove it, otherwise we are liable.

I hope this clarifies it.
Eran
It's still extremely vague. Also, my issue is not with google, my issue is with healthy drones. If it's only for things like removing illegal links/content, then it should say that. The way it's worded so broadly gives you purview to pretty much do anything you want including the scenario that I suggested. If that's not what you do, then why not add that to the privacy statement? Without that in the privacy statement, you still have blanket coverage to do things like what I had suggested.

What new firmware? I see none on the DJI website, and none when I connect my P4P to DJI Go 4.
Try downloading the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 Software and connect your p4P to the computer, it should show up.

Try downloading the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 Software and connect your p4P to the computer, it should show up.
Thanks, I'll try that. I had noticed that there was a newer version of the Assistant software than what I had on my computer, but was thinking that if there was new firmware it would show up elsewhere.

Yes, it's only half an hour later than when no firmware update appeared (Android), but now it's available and I'm updating da boid. The description of the upgrade says, among other things, "fixed a rare issue causing the aircraft to ascend slowly as it returns to the home point in an open space."

Now if only DJI would fix the language for the screen button which starts the upgrade! It says "downloading", but it should say "start upgrade", because you have to press the button for the update to start.

After the firmware update, I flew at maximum 120 meters altitude until the aircraft was far enough away that signal loss triggered RTH. There was no altitude increase. Yay!

The update sets RTH altitude and camera settings back to the defaults, so don't forget to reset them if you don't use the defaults.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20