DJI GO 4 app crashes, lost drone

I have a 8" Samsung Tab A which is a lower end one and have never had a crash. I do have Android 6.x not 7.x (Nougat) which is what many have issues with. I usually clear all apps and make sure it is the only app running as the Tab A is short on RAM. It does have cell phone connectivity though, not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't mind Apple products, I know the OS fairly well as I've had to support it in another job, but I do like the USB and video options with Android.

The thing that gets me is I didn't have a single app issue with the old DJI GO app and maybe 50 flights, but now the DJI GO 4 app crashes a lot and I hate the thought of dumping the nice Samsung tablet I bought specifically for my Phantom, which is still in excellent condition, and buying another tablet just for this stupid app. I also hate the thought of deciding whether to buy my 4th and 5th battery or a tablet that won't crash.

It's annoying to say the least.

Just so we are informed, is this an Android 7 device? Just want to know if this is another datapoint on the Nougat issue.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't mind Apple products, I know the OS fairly well as I've had to support it in another job, but I do like the USB and video options with Android.

It's annoying to say the least.
Yes, it is but I decided on this idea. What is more important? The dron and possibility that it can do something to somebody is more important than the price for a new tablet. My T705c was bought for the dron as well.

I bought my Samsung tablet last year as it was on the "compatible" list. I would have gladly gone a different route if it weren't supported.

Now if I pull the trigger to get an iPad, that's when they'll finally fix the Android issue.

Nice story. Don't panic if the app crashes. You still have full RC control.
I also think that the Go crashes are android 7 related. I have a Nvidia Shield K1 and since I switched to android 6.1 I never had a crash of either Go4 or Litchi. :)

Great writing. I was right there. Felt awful!
How can you re-set the RTH location to your new location w/out retarting the aircraft/app?

The problem is the GO4 team at DJI simply can't code for Android.

Before you go dropping major bank on a new tablet, consider a cheaper solution: Litchi. U$30.

Litchi is the opposite development practice: Developed on Android, ported to iOS. That's why new releases are always on Android first.

I have no problems with Litchi on my Galaxy S6 running Nougat, never had any issues with any versions of Litchi on any version of Android. Plus, you get all the cool autonomous mission features.

Finally, you might like the UI for simply flying better anyway. Many of us do, myself included.

Great writing. I was right there. Felt awful!
How can you re-set the RTH location to your new location w/out retarting the aircraft/app?
Go into settings, tap that aircraft button, it's right there at the top -- set HP to current location.

Use iPad and litchi, never a problem other than the spastic guy operator
Yeah, Litchi works pretty good on iOS too. However, if you have an Android device, trying out Litchi will only cost you $30, and you can probably get a refund if you don't like it. Solving the problem with an iPad's gonna cost bank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen