DJI GO 4 and USB-C iPads

Reaction score
I’ve seen many threads about not being able to connect to a usb-c iPad with DJI GO 4.

I am having the same issue. So far I’ve tried:
  • Using a USB 3.1 USB-A to USB-C cable
  • Testing on lightning iPads (Which are also on iPadOS 15.2 and work fine)
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the app
  • Trying litchi and DJI groundstation
When plugged into a lightning iPad, those apps work on iPadOS 14 and 15.

Specs are:
  • DJI GO 4 4.3.46
  • RC 2.01.01.00
  • AC 01.00.0128
  • iPadOS 15.2 iPad Air 4
  • Phantom 4 Advanced
Everything works as Normal on a first gen iPad Pro 12.9, iPad mini 5, iPhone 11 pro

just tested an iPad Pro with USB-C and it works, iPadOS 15.1.
updated this iPad to 15.2, and GO 4 now crashes on launch but groundstation works still.

Last edited:
I’ve seen many threads about not being able to connect to a usb-c iPad with DJI GO 4.

I am having the same issue. So far I’ve tried:
  • Using a USB 3.1 USB-A to USB-C cable
  • Testing on lightning iPads (Which are also on iPadOS 15.2 and work fine)
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the app
  • Trying litchi and DJI groundstation
When plugged into a lightning iPad, those apps work on iPadOS 14 and 15.

Specs are:
  • DJI GO 4 4.3.46
  • RC 2.01.01.00
  • AC 01.00.0128
  • iPadOS 15.2 iPad Air 4
  • Phantom 4 Advanced
Everything works as Normal on a first gen iPad Pro 12.9, iPad mini 5, iPhone 11 pro

just tested an iPad Pro with USB-C and it works, iPadOS 15.1.
updated this iPad to 15.2, and GO 4 now crashes on launch but groundstation works still.
I have not been able to connect my RC with iPad mini 6 (2021) for my P4P. DJI refuses to acknowledge the problem.

Thanks Andy and Oz, for letting us know about these issues. I am about to purchase an iP with USB-c, so I am hoping this problem gets fixed. Seems possible it's iOS 15.2 thats the problem.

I use my iPad pro with USB-c with my P4P V2 without any problems.
The issue is there with P4PV1 RC only. P4PV2 seem to have no issues with the USB-C iPads using GO4 app. In fact I have no problems using the same iPad mini 6 (USB-C) with my Mavic mini1 using the DJI Fly app. I believe it is an issue with the P4PV1 controller firmware which can be easily rectified by an update by DJI.

Reactions: Phantomwolf
The Phantom 4 Pro v1 does not work with any USB-C iPads after the iOS 14.6 update. Period. We have been waiting for months for a firmware or app update and are having no luck at all. Phantom 4 Pro v. 2.0 works fine with USB-C iPads, v. 1 not at all. Lightning iPads, even on iOS 15 work fine, the problem is not with iOS, it's a problem with the Phantom 4 Pro v.1 controller working with USB-C or Thunderbolt (latest models) iPad Pro, iPad mini 6, or iPad Air 4 tablets.

Reactions: OzoneTech
Hello! Has anyone got an iPad pro with a USB C connector to work with the DJI GO 4. I just updated my iPad to the latest version 15.4. Still doesn't work.

Hello! Has anyone got an iPad pro with a USB C connector to work with the DJI GO 4. I just updated my iPad to the latest version 15.4. Still doesn't work.
Are you trying to connect P4P V1 RC to the USB C iOS device? DJI has not resolved it with a firmware update yet. They claim their engineers have located the root cause and they will fix it with a firmware update. The fact is DJI has done nothing to resolve the issue. They keep giving false assurances.

I most always use my old 2014 I pad for flying my p4s. I took my grandson to a state park nearby. While he was in the playground i was going to fly over some waterfalls and use my android A52 with software version 12. It would never load up. It would just blip and go back to the icon. When I got home I brought up DJIgo 4 and all was well. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, rebooted the phone and no go. I'm not technical, just glad it still works on my old I pad.

Yes, I have an ipad pro 3rd gen working with P4 Pro, iOS 15.4. I set everything up while iOS 14 was still a thing, not sure if that’s why. New ipad mini 6th gen will not connect to the same drone using the same cable or any other cable. No problem connecting the mini to my Mavic Air 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers