DJI GO 4 and aircraft firmware V01.03.0509

Reaction score
I have chosen to keep my P4P at firmware rev V01.03.0509. I have also been sticking with DJI GO 4 (Android) version 4.0.7 since that's what was in use at the time V01.03.0509 was current for the aircraft. Can anyone who is also still using firmware V01.03.0509 confirm whether later/current versions of DJI GO 4 are still compatible with .0509?

Thanks -

Last edited:
Reactions: Basspig
So for anyone wondering "why don't you just try it?' ...

My concern was DJI's propensity for trying to take control whenever they possibly can and as it turns out my concern was well founded because I just did try the latest DJI Go 4 version and the first thing that happened was that it locked the aircraft and required a forced firmware update! @#$%! Cycling power, etc. didn't help, in the locked state the aircraft cannot be flown until you install the current aircraft firmware. Nice. Typically DJI, and one of the many reasons I'm sticking with V01.03.0509.

Luckily there is a 3rd party utility called DUMLdore that will allow you to unlock the aircraft, and even more luckily it worked for me. Back on DJI GO 4 v4.0.7 now and obviously that's where I'll always be I guess. Just a note for anyone wondering the same thing.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Is the de-facto?
V01.03.0509
DJI GO 4 v4.0.7

Should I downgrade?

Should I downgrade?

I'd say the short answer to that is no, unless you have a specific reason to do so.

The longer answer... there are third-party tools that will allow you to downgrade if necessary, but I see no reason to mess it it if you have no current need as you can always do so if/when the need arises. I suppose it is always possible that DJI will do something to try to disable the third-party tools and thus prevent any downgrades, but if they haven't done that yet then it seems likely that they don't intend to.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues