DJI Go 4.0 problem

Reaction score
I just did a test flight using the new DJI Go app on my K1 with my P4.

1st test (14min) everything went normal, nothing to report.

2nd flight (4min) P4 not more than 30 meters high and 10 meters from HP. Suddenly screen reads "Disconnected". The video picture frozen. However I still had control of the P4. It continued to read "Disconnected" all the way back to landing. The P4 flew stable and I hand caught it no problems.

The logs showed nothing wrong. I had 15 sats all the time. So my conclusion is that the lightbridge completly crashed. Once landed I rebooted DJI Go 4 and it did come up Ready to fly and all was normal. I just looked at the video on the sd card and it did record all the video, it just did not transmit to my K1.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
I've been using my P4 with DJI GO 4.0 on my K1 as well and it's been fine so far with 3 batteries worth of flights. I hope to get out again over the weekend to continue testing.

2nd flight (4min) P4 not more than 30 meters high and 10 meters from HP. Suddenly screen reads "Disconnected". The video picture frozen. However I still had control of the P4. It continued to read "Disconnected" all the way back to landing. The P4 flew stable and I hand caught it no problems.

The logs showed nothing wrong. I had 15 sats all the time. So my conclusion is that the lightbridge completly crashed. Once landed I rebooted DJI Go 4 and it did come up Ready to fly and all was normal. I just looked at the video on the sd card and it did record all the video, it just did not transmit to my K1.

Happened to me twice. The first time the bird came home on RTH. As it came close I cancelled RTH and brought in manually, which means that the RC was connected to the bird.

The second time it happened I was LOS with the bird about 1/2 mile out, where I could see it. I got the DISCONNECTED message, but the sticks worked fine and, again, I brought the bird home manually.

I suspect the DISCONNECTED message (scary, it's as if the tablet wasn't there at all) may, in part at least, happens when the RC / tablet link hangs up..

This is a new problem for me. It started when GO updated itself. It is somewhat encouraging that only a few of us have experienced this. Me? I'm waiting for an iPad to arrive. GO doesn't care much for android devices, or at least my android devices. Maybe things will stabilize using an ios tablet.

Cheers

The tablet has nothing to do with control of the p4. It can be flown with just the controller. I have unplugged mine while in the air. As long as the light on the controller is green, it is connected to the AC.

The tablet has nothing to do with control of the p4. It can be flown with just the controller. I have unplugged mine while in the air. As long as the light on the controller is green, it is connected to the AC.
I thought I said that...

I finished a long distance Litchi mission yesterday, and when it was over, I had about 35% battery left. I had previously downloaded Go 4 just before the mission so I hadn't used it at that point. After shutting down Litchi, I zipped up in the air with Go 4 where I immediately started receiving low voltage warnings. I still had battery in the 30s so I continued to fly around. I finally was getting scared about the warnings so I brought it back home.

I did the same thing today with about the same battery left, but now warnings. It is very possible that restarting my iPad rectified the problem. I will eventually do more flying with Go 4, but I'm just too busy with Litchi that it will take the backseat.

I'm not changing anything (updating my app, or firmware) until I see more people test it. I'm chicken I guess..

It sounds like you're describing what happened to me recently with my Phantom 3 Pro. I'm at as much of a loss as you are on troubleshooting.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have gotten disconnect warnings on my p3p many times but the p3p keept flying just fine even with the disconnect warning.
go figure.

I got the impression that GO 4 was for the P4P as it doesn't show up unless you're on the P4P page on DJI's website. For the P4 it shows app version 3.1.0 for P4P it shows 4.0.0.

Educate me why DJI doesn't put the 4.0 app on the P4 page?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic