DJI GEO Coming to Your P3 Soon

Sounds like are weather here in Washington State. We've had 3 fatalities this week from high winds.
Yes very similar. Don't know if there have been any deaths but a few trees down etc. In a way we are lucky as we get this weather all the time trees tend to be small and stunted in the most exposed places.
The power of nature is awesome and to be respected. So sad for the families involved.

I am surprised DJI dont pay off some politicians they are making enough money - isn't that how most US Politics works?
Sure is. Ever wonder why a politician says 1 thing then later in office does different ..........of course after someone slipped money in his back pocket.

Reactions: Wibble
I am surprised DJI dont pay off some politicians they are making enough money - isn't that how most US Politics works?
The politicians work both sides of the street-- o_O

Reactions: Wibble
The politicians work both sides of the street-- o_O
He who pays the most $ wins. Or should I say the politicians lean towards.

Reactions: bobmyers
This is exactly why I keep my FC40 to this day. No limits!!!!!

Airmap is listing all doctor offices as "hospitals" including chiropractic practices. Would sure hate for my Phantom to interrupt someone's adjustment.

You seem ignorant of the fact that auto accident victims in America are routinely helicoptered to a chiropractor office first to get their C-spine torqued and yanked good by the D.C. (and billed $200 cash, of course) before being whisked off to the Level I trauma center by the whirly bird.

Sheesh, learn something! :p

DJI Introduces New Geofencing System for its Drones - sUAS News

What I wonder is how they will get people who stay off of wifi into the frey. They say they're working on it. I'm totally guessing here, but I have to believe there's a trip wire in either the newest bird firmware, the newest rc update, or the newest go app that will force this update to everyone. This doesn't strike me as a firmware we can ignore or side step forever. Guess we'll see.

DJI Introduces New Geofencing System for its Drones - sUAS News

What I wonder is how they will get people who stay off of wifi into the frey. They say they're working on it. I'm totally guessing here, but I have to believe there's a trip wire in either the newest bird firmware, the newest rc update, or the newest go app that will force this update to everyone. This doesn't strike me as a firmware we can ignore or side step forever. Guess we'll see.
It's possible the new GoApp 2.4.1 might just have that so-called "Trip Wire" you mentioned.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking around the forums, and hopefully I'll get ready to decide what to buy, etc.
No matter which quad you buy , the forums will have a bunch of negative stuff about that model. I've owned and still own several quads and every group on each model says don't buy this one, these all crash, the company doesn't support them. So don't go totally by what you read. But if you are just starting out, buy little Hubsan 107l and learn sticks and crashes on that first. 40$ and easily fixable.

Reactions: bobmyers
I just got my first drone. I am LOVING it. I fly in a park next to a school. I will continue to do so. It's safe and I am not going to allow a private company or database to tell me when or how I can fly nor do I want them logging my info. The answer is simple. Prepaid Walmart Green Dot Visa Debit card. Put $5 on it and there you go.

I signed up at airmap.io and checked out their data. While they have some bogus stuff (like a "historical" hospital which doesn't exist), they also do have things like our local maritime preserve exactly done right. The data is nicely presented and allows filtering. I once did a flight over the ocean that was in an disallowed place simply because I didn't know. So I am in favor of this system although I usually don't have wifi on while flying. Maybe they'll cache the airmap info like they do with the regular maps? Then you won't have the latest TFRs but other than that it would work.

Taking responsibility is part of this hobby. Before my very first flight in Dec 2013, I "registered" my Phantom by putting my phone number on it. It's a combination of hoping to get it back in case of a crash and wanting to take responsibility if I cause a problem. I have never flown "unregistered".

Reactions: Dounin Front
Couldn't anyone wanting to (for some reason) fly over a prison, school, or private residence merely switch to ATTI to complete his nefarious mission?
Use ATTI mode and cover the top of the phantom with taped on aluminum foil to block the GPS.

This bird is just too smart for its own good. It's so weird having an R/C craft that has firmware and functionality can be substantially affected by updates.

Can anyone tell me why airmap.io now shows a TFR as far as 37 mile radius from White House? I thought it was 15 miles.

Can anyone tell me why airmap.io now shows a TFR as far as 37 mile radius from White House? I thought it was 15 miles.
They probably widened it because of all the recent incursions of "drones" and gyrocopters. The whole DC Maryland Area may become a TFR permanently.

I am in it and I ignore it. It is something to do with military flights. I don't use the go app and will not be updating so no worries here. That is my suggestion to everybody.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers