DJI GEO Coming to Your P3 Soon

Any Phantom 3x, but what makes you say it's a restriction? if anything, it's less of a restriction than blanket "you cant fly here!" NFZs
Sorry. I didn't mean to say something wrong. It was just starting to sound like I had to give out personal information or I would be restricted from using my Phantom Advanced in places I can use it now without giving out personal information. I don't mean airports, just that I like a big open park that's next to a school. What if that is now within a no fly perimeter? I need to give out info? We lose freedoms a little at a time and then look back and say what happened?

Sorry. I didn't mean to say something wrong. It was just starting to sound like I had to give out personal information or I would be restricted from using my Phantom Advanced in places I can use it now without giving out personal information. I don't mean airports, just that I like a big open park that's next to a school. What if that is now within a no fly perimeter? I need to give out info? We lose freedoms a little at a time and then look back and say what happened?
At this point we can only speculate, but it would be suicide for DJI to follow the noflyzone.org approach. IMO, this will take into account exactly what the press release said, "schools, power plants, jails" and other points of interest that could be deemed as "high profile". Anything else (besides active airports, D.C, national parks) will remain as they are. For those points of interest that are blocked now (inactive airfields, demolished/vacant stadiums, etc) that shouldn't be covered by the blanket restriction, you can request the NFZ removed for you at the expense that if you **** up, they now know who you are. I think it's a good thing since you now have skin in the game and will think twice before doing irresponsible ****.

Read the Dji announcement: DJI Forum|DJI Introduces New Geofencing System For Its Drones
They are trying to (IMO) stay ahead of people's outcry that we be more strictly regulated. I think this is a positive step by Dji.

I looked at the Airmap app, and the schools and such had the circle over only the school, it looks like you just can't fly directly overhead. The adjacent parks here look okay to fly.

@JoBe - I do agree with you to some degree. Freedoms are lost a little at a time and we barely notice until we reflect back. Also, those who follow rules will still follow these new rules, and those who dont follow rules will not. Same as everything else. Regardless, IMHO this should not be a political discussion so let's try to not be so heavy.

For me personally, I am very sensitive to the public perception of "drone" operators. Though I also am not thrilled with needing to provide personal data, in this case it feels to me like a small price to pay to help show the public that our hobby is just that - a hobby. Not something evil.

I live in the UK and everything is small, one NFZ and it will make flying impossible as everything is so close by lol

Hopefully sales goes down for DJI and they get screwed and revert back to the good old days.

Couldn't anyone wanting to (for some reason) fly over a prison, school, or private residence merely switch to ATTI to complete his nefarious mission?
Geofencing and limits still work in ATTI mode.

I really can't believe I am reading all this nonsense!
And I still can't believe that people in the USA aren't allowed to fly in the national parks their tax dollars pay for!
People need to stand up to all this NOW before it is too late!!!
10,000 people in the USA get killed by guns each year and yet nobody does anything and yet the humble hobby drone is seen as pure evil............
There needs to be a drone lobby or something!

Sorry I'm new to this but how strict is the TFR "Caution" area. I'm more than 5 miles from DC but still included along the edge of the red caution area.

I really can't believe I am reading all this nonsense!
And I still can't believe that people in the USA aren't allowed to fly in the national parks their tax dollars pay for!
People need to stand up to all this NOW before it is too late!!!
10,000 people in the USA get killed by guns each year and yet nobody does anything and yet the humble hobby drone is seen as pure evil............
There needs to be a drone lobby or something!

The AMA has already been lobbying the FAA for about 3 years now.

He who has the gold makes the rules. And the politicians in the US have almost all of it. There will probably be a Federal Drone Agency (FDA) set up by the politicians to regulate and control all "Drones" and to issue fines to those who dare to fly them in the restricted areas or fly one without registration papers. Coming to a city near us soon:(:(:(

Reactions: nickyb and Wibble
I am pretty new to all of this, and I was searching for a community to do some research on starting out, and this is the first thing I see. :(

I am really discouraged from buying at this point. :(

I am pretty new to all of this, and I was searching for a community to do some research on starting out, and this is the first thing I see. :(

What has discouraged you? Geofencing?

Don't let the politicians stand in your way-- there are already over 1 million P3 Owners and that number is going up dramatically on a monthly basis---- the FAA has limited flying areas in this country, but there are still a lot of open areas that are not off limits. Just a lot of regs coming down the pike.

Don't let the politicians stand in your way-- there are already over 1 million P3 Owners and that number is going up dramatically on a monthly basis---- the FAA has limited flying areas in this country, but there are still a lot of open areas that are not off limits. Just a lot of regs coming down the pike.
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking around the forums, and hopefully I'll get ready to decide what to buy, etc.

The AMA has already been lobbying the FAA for about 3 years now.

He who has the gold makes the rules. And the politicians in the US have almost all of it. There will probably be a Federal Drone Agency (FDA) set up by the politicians to regulate and control all "Drones" and to issue fines to those who dare to fly them in the restricted areas or fly one without registration papers. Coming to a city near us soon:(:(:(
Only thing we can do is get politicians into the sport, them they will protect it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4