DJI FPV Transmitter cable modified for GOPRO3 black

Reaction score
hi guys
just wondering if i can get some help on the right 'cable' to buy?

basicly, i bought a few things so i can hook up my Gopro3 black and use it as FPV. as its my first time, i bought the wrong downlink system. well, technically its not wrong, but i should have bought the modified version from helipal (as its got the right cables and its all setup plug and play).

so this is what i bought... from ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-5-8GHZ-V ... 1e7d4c944e

i realise i should have get this DJI downlink setup instead. as the Gopro and power connection cables have already modified.
http://www.helipal.com/dji-avl58-fpv-sy ... tenna.html
(it can connect to Gopro3, and use phantom battery to power the transmitter)

i like to know if i can get a replacement transmitter cable somewhere?

many thanks!

Attachments

• FPV_help.jpg
    FPV_help.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 998
Does Helipal sell just the cable on its own? I did get my full setup from them and I know they sell the Hero3 cable but that is the last part that connects to the main cable so you would still need the main cable to connect the hero3 cable to. If you get in contact with them they may be able to sell you just the cables you need as I didn't see that on their site separately.

Yeh. I have already email them regarding the issue. I really hope I can get that cable.
Didn't see it selling on their site either. :(
And I have already bought gopro3 connecting cable.

maybe I might need to pay someone to modify my existing cable.

Stumbled into this thread because I have the same problem. The cable doesn't seem to allow me to connect to the go pro, was this resolved? Can't seem to email the original poster

hi
the cable issue never resolved.
i ended up sold the original DJI setup and bought the modified DJI setup from helipad.

its working!

Meettyrone said:
hi
the cable issue never resolved.
i ended up sold the original DJI setup and bought the modified DJI setup from helipad.

its working!

Which gopro cable did you use with the new helipad setup? Looks like most gopro cables I have seen have a servo type connection instead of what the photo looks like (a 3s power connection?)

Helipad made something their own. So I basically got rid of all the bits and pieces I bought. Just went for their ones. Saved lots of hassle messing around. Also bought their monitor and extra battery as well.

Meettyrone said:
Helipad made something their own. So I basically got rid of all the bits and pieces I bought. Just went for their ones. Saved lots of hassle messing around. Also bought their monitor and extra battery as well.

What a pain, I guess thats what I get for assuming it would all be plug and play, this whole thing is a mess of a mish mash of different cables. Tempted to toss this DJI stuff and go with a different solution.

Latest update in this saga is that heli will sell the cable that is needed for $12, which seems like the cleanest route to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl