DJI Fly App???

M

Melvoid

I went out today and to my chagrin, couldn't open the app for my Mavic Air. Kept saying something about waiting for manufacturer to fix bugs and then reinstall. Anybody know anything about this?
8/11/22

I went out today and to my chagrin, couldn't open the app for my Mavic Air. Kept saying something about waiting for manufacturer to fix bugs and then reinstall. Anybody know anything about this?
8/11/22
Well, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I found some info. First, DJY themselves say the app was taken off the Android Play Store "...because of political games your government is playing." So I scanned the QR code in the instructions (I've only had this 'copter for a few weeks, mind you). Well, that didn't seem to work either.

Then, I loaded an aftermarket app, which seems ok, but it's pouring outside, so I couldn't really test it. Took the props off and tried it in the kitchen, but the Mavic seems to know when the props are missing, so it revved up once and shut off.

Finally, went to DJI and they had another QR code which I scanned. It let me download a URL. I then ran it and THAT finally seems to have worked. I lost all my cache from before, but that's not ultra critical (although I DO like the maps that show the paths you took, and the fact it that shows all the data from every flight).

Anyway, while all seems good, it's still raining, so I can't fly until that lets up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1EagleDave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31