DJI event November 28th NYC

Unfortunately I think it's the Osmo Pocket.

It is time for a new phantom aircraft with a new style of design... Not the same type of design since the phantom 1.

I think the opposite, what could they add to change design? Retractable landing gear?
There are many possibilities in the design arena... Maybe a waterproof design approach, carbon fiber material... Etc

I think the opposite, what could they add to change design? Retractable landing gear?
Swappable camera.
Zoomable camera.
Thermal/FLIR camera.
Built in strobes for night operations
ADS-B notification in app.
Increased battery life/size.

@Cellblock776 the leaks from OsitaLV showed swappable cameras and lenses, i doubt thermal/FLIR that bounces it out of the consumer region into enterprise.

Battery life I could see them raising it 2-3 minutes

Reactions: Cellblock776
@Cellblock776 the leaks from OsitaLV showed swappable cameras and lenses, i doubt thermal/FLIR that bounces it out of the consumer region into enterprise.

Battery life I could see them raising it 2-3 minutes
Thanks but that is exactly the problem I'm discussing, that it is marketed as a "consumer" UAV and not to "professional" or "enterprise" customers. It's a fact that the Phantom line is widely used by industry for survey, mapping and more. Look at how many police, fire and other safety agencies use this model for Search and Rescue or for observing crime scenes. The Phantom platform is capable of much more but to use it the way we need it, we are forced to add after market lights and other accessories which should be an option from the factory.
Should DJI market the Phantom line to "hobby" or "consumer" fliers? Sure. But also give those of us using it for Safety, security and industrial applications the options we need.

This is what I got yesterday
New DJI Drone Can Be Used for Night SAR
Drone maker DJI has unveiled a new, low-cost commercial quality drone—the $1,999 base price Mavic 2 Enterprise. The quadcopter features an onboard 12-megapixel camera with 2x and 3x digital zoom capability that is stabilized by a three-axis gimbal.
It also features a variety of available accessories that make it a suitable for night operations and as a search-and-rescue tool including a 2,400-lumen spotlight, a 100-decibel loudspeaker that can play up to 10 custom voice recordings on demand, and a flashing beacon designed to meet FAA night-waiver standards.
The new drone is equipped with DJI’s AirSense that uses an integrated receiver to automatically alert drone pilots of ADS-B signals from nearby airplanes and helicopters, providing real-time positioning alerts through the DJI Pilot mobile app. It is also the first commercial drone that incorporates 24 GB of onboard storage and password protection to secure the integrity of photos, videos, flight logs, and other data generated during flights.
Other security enhancements include a new GPS time stamping feature for all recorded images and a local data mode feature that can be activated to stop a connected mobile device from sending or receiving data over the internet

Reactions: Cellblock776
I have researched the M2E and there quite a few short comings. It comes with the 3 attachments but only one can be used at a time. So If you have the spotlight you can't use the beacon or the loudspeaker. If it's dark enough for using the spotlight, wouldn't you be required to have a beacon/strobe or 4 on your UAV?
The added weight on such a small UAV is going to decrease the flight time too. The Phantoms larger frame would be able to handle the increased weight demands better than the Mavic.
The future P5 should be marketed as an Enterprise UAV with the AirSense, built in factory installed night strobes/beacons and swappable cameras and the other features found on the M2E.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT