DJI CrystalSky vs 2017 Apple iPad

Reaction score
I"m sure this question has been asked before but I'm beyond frustrated with the connection between the DJI Go App on a Google Nexus 9 tablet and P4Pro.

How reliable is the connection between the P4Pro and the DJI CrystalSky/iPad? I'm debating between buying a dedicated iPad for drone flying or just getting the CrystalSky.

I'm just hesitant on the CrystalSky because I know it's running an Android OS and after my experience with android tablets, I just want to avoid that completely.

I recently bought a 7.85 CS Ultra bright after finding the ipad not bright enough to use in strong sunlight for Search & Rescue purposes.
The first one I recieved was sent back as the delay in the video was unusable and the picture was constantly choppy and cutting up.
The replacement is much better however and after 4-5hrs of flying has been no problem.
Yep, it's still Android and you can't load all of the usual Android apps on to it but I'm planning on using it as a dedicated monitor anyway.
Still use the ipad for mapping survey type work due to the availability of the apps.

Reactions: Basspig
I"m sure this question has been asked before but I'm beyond frustrated with the connection between the DJI Go App on a Google Nexus 9 tablet and P4Pro.

How reliable is the connection between the P4Pro and the DJI CrystalSky/iPad? I'm debating between buying a dedicated iPad for drone flying or just getting the CrystalSky.

I'm just hesitant on the CrystalSky because I know it's running an Android OS and after my experience with android tablets, I just want to avoid that completely.
The primary reason DJI developed the CrystalSky is the brightness level. Yes, it's running on Android but the app is pretty much all you need installed. No worries about that unnecessary bloatware Google pushes out.

I had three CS tablets 1 Ultra and 2 Highbrite and send all 3 back and settled on a IPad Pro 10.5 ,it fits in the stock tablet holder is 600 nits and it’s reliable to fly with unlike the CS tablets I tried, great display when it’s working though

I have the CS Ultrabright and find it is only reliable on cool days. It seems to experience a lot of app hangs/not responding when the temperature gets above 75F. I had one aircraft disconnect recently on a 90F day, which really disturbed my confidence in the system. Too late to return it for a refund.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94