DJI CEO with Reuters

I hadn't seen him before this video. Collin Guinn was the face of DJI when I made my first purchase. I guess 'cuz I'm old, the CEO seems young.

With their exponential growth, to bad service doesn't improve on that same curve.

Interesting. He mentioned a "vision" technology to avoid obstacles in there which I though was interesting and may allude to future product feature.

His picture of the future where consumers adopt and accept drone aerial photography and there will likely be drones flying as a normal course of events around "scenic places" seems right on IMO.

Just like today you find multiple ground-based tourists photographing scenic venues on a nice day, you'll likely go to a scenic spot and find at least few drones in the air in those spots in the future taking photos and video

Bring it on.

Buk said:
I hadn't seen him before this video. Collin Guinn was the face of DJI when I made my first purchase. I guess 'cuz I'm old, the CEO seems young.

With their exponential growth, to bad service doesn't improve on that same curve.
You got that right!

Buk said:

Apples customer service sucked in the beginning to. Its all going to change in the next few years. I should have bought some stock in DJI. I might still.

smaugnaut said:
Buk said:

Apples customer service sucked in the beginning to. Its all going to change in the next few years. I should have bought some stock in DJI. I might still.

I'm glad I haven't any (stock).... cause I think DJI is already late in presenting something NEW for the future. Others are catching up FAST...

e.g.: Walkeras Tali-H500 or look for the "Airdog" http://www.airdog.com/
or watch Collins now presenting the "Iris+ copter" with new features.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOCTgVqmeQ

Flying Cephlopod said:
Buk said:

Thank you for posting this. Colin was The Face of DJI--and I think he did an awesome job--but regardless, it's nice to associate a new person as that spokesperson.

I appreciate that the CEO is reaching out and putting a face back onto DJI.

3DR were smart to get his services when they did.

http://www.uavhive.com/2014/06/25/colin ... -robotics/

I think DJI has stood still a little. Others have caught up or very close to doing so especially considering most of the others just have their first generation. If they get customer service superior to DJI I believe DJI will take a major hit. For one they need another Colin Quinn that's obvious, but it's been a little over a year and they have not recognized that yet.

And they've had five years to get customer service right and it only gets worse, with a occasional positive report but it takes 100% not just one out of hundreds.

great looking quad I like my phantom but this ones got a lot more to offer and for less than 800.00 that's not bad. stay thirsty my friends

Yes, The CEO did mention the technology to avoid obstacles, I guess that technology is going to be released with the next version of Phantom series - DJI Phantom 3. It should be around December of 2014

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl