DJI care - renewing for another year?

Reaction score
I bought DJI care when I got my P4P and just received an email to say it could be renewed for up to 4 years.

Is this correct?

I thought it was only 1 year but if I can renew again and again for $99 a year, it's kind of a rock bottom bargain.

Well, I flew 3D helis for about 4 years and could do some pretty insane flying for a bloke of my age so I’m no wall flower.

I can fly drones quite decently though it’s slow and careful as I solely use them for filming things.

Accidents do happen though.

For example I once landed my P3P and it landed and attempted to correct and fell over with the props spinning. I always hand catch now but I thankfully got no damage apart from throwing away the props.

Also a branch moved in the wind and down my Spark went during a shoot of a property. It’s not easy as I’m trying to see what I’m filming on the screen and trying to have eyes in the side of my head but the spotter was too slow to tell me about the tree getting too close. No damage amazingly too.

For what a P4P costs here in Aus ($2399) I figure $99 is a bargain basement cost for replacement if destroyed.

I always thought it was 1 year only with no renewal.

Anyone know more?

Ok, I had the price wrong.

You need to have bought DJI Refresh which is $259AUD (done at purchase of P4P) and then you have to buy before Refresh and your warranty is running out; the DJI Refesh + service is $199.

The extra cost is $189 to fix your broken Phantom.

So close to $400 but that does provide you with a fixed P4P.

So 1/5-1/6 the cost. I guess even a decent Phantom crash is basically a write off so it’s affordable if you think you may crash.

I may simply use my Spark for the dangerous filming as $400 for isn’t insignificant for one year and only one replacement (vs 2 cheaper mishaps in the first year).

Seems a bit too expensive but I may buy for peace of mind. Not sure yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20