DJI BUYER BEWARE

Reaction score
WARNING DON'T BUY DJI
We have received the photos of the propellers. The final determination is based off the flight data recovered from the Aircraft. We apologize, but we are unable to cover this under the warranty as the damage is the not the result of a manufacturers defect.

They say only a prop flying off can cause this. And there out to screw there customers. As you can all the props are damaged from a crash the same way. No props flying off caused this crash. They refuse to admit any defects.

email.jpg
props.jpg

Personally I think when you remove your propellers each time to store in your bag the prop thread loses grip, as a rule I never remove my propellers unless I want to swap them over, not easy if you have a bag that requires you to remove your propellers, but I'm in the market to buy a bag that allows you to keep your props on.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What if you get the prop with the metal thread ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are 2 props (9450), that look alike but one has a metal hub and one is all plastic. The Metal hub is for the P2 series, the plastic hub is for the P3 series. The reason for this was changes in the characteristics of the way the motors operated was changed and they implemented motor braking in the P3. It is recommended to not use the metal hub props on a P3.

Were all 4 props on when you recovered it?

Personally I think when you remove your propellers each time to store in your bag the prop thread loses grip
I'm still using the same props I got nearly a year ago and I take them off all the time.
Overtightening would definitely damage threads but simply putting props and taking them off is no big deal.

WARNING DON'T BUY DJI
We have received the photos of the propellers. The final determination is based off the flight data recovered from the Aircraft. We apologize, but we are unable to cover this under the warranty as the damage is the not the result of a manufacturers defect.
They say only a prop flying off can cause this.
As you can all the props are damaged from a crash the same way. No props flying off caused this crash. They refuse to admit any defects.
That does look like all 4 props have had a similar experience - as if they have been rubbing on the ceiling.
What exactly happened and was there anything about the props that made DJI think one came off?

I'm still using the same props I got nearly a year ago and I take them off all the time.
Overtightening would definitely damage threads but simply putting props and taking them off is no big deal.

Yes this is the risk. Over tightening. Why I don't take props off, as for metal threads I wouldn't trust them.

I wouldn't trust metal threads , that's just me, plastic flexes and has more grip.

There are 2 props (9450), that look alike but one has a metal hub and one is all plastic. The Metal hub is for the P2 series, the plastic hub is for the P3 series. The reason for this was changes in the characteristics of the way the motors operated was changed and they implemented motor braking in the P3. It is recommended to not use the metal hub props on a P3.

Were all 4 props on when you recovered it?

Yes I agree with you there. Thank you for that advice.

About your question. I believe it's for Kevin. I haven't had this problem "knock on wood."

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

WARNING DON'T BUY DJI

They say only a prop flying off can cause this. And there out to screw there customers. As you can all the props are damaged from a crash the same way. No props flying off caused this crash. They refuse to admit any defects.

View attachment 52541 View attachment 52542
Can any one explain this chart? What are these different lines representing?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic