DJI automated functions?

Reaction score
So what are all the automated functions the DJI Phantom 3 able to do? I got the P3 Standard, will it do all the functions the advance & pro will do?

So far just been practicing in the park keeping it within the field I am in, maybe taking it a little further out to check on a nearby tennis court or pool at the park. But I haven't tried flying it 1-2 minutes away from me at full speed to the point it's out of your field of view or a tiny speck in the distance. Or flying over terrain like ocean or mountain How do you know if you can trust the thing to not lose signal? I want to eventually do a flight like those cool videos where people take their drones out 5 minutes out of their sight to look at a cruise ship or fly to another side of a mountain.

The basic one is landing it at home. I've done it once and it worked fine when in a large field and not taking it super far. I haven't flown it far enough to really see how smart it is on coming home. But one time I tried sending it home, it ascended 100 feet in the air, then moved forward towards a different home point I didn't set. It may have registered a home where it landed, but then I picked it up and move to a different part of the park. So it went the wrong way and didn't come back to me with the controller. So had to cancel it, but it was kind of scary that it was going where I didn't intend it to go.

Have not tried the plotting points on GPS and letting it self fly. How relieable is this feature and how do I be sure it's not going to hit a tree?

Also have not tried follow me or 360 on point of interest.

You were lucky with that rth:
Good lesson learned - Always check the home point registered is where you think it is, BEFORE you take off.

The more you get familiar with the functions and controls the more confidence you will have in learning you will get her back. Learn the home lock and Failsafe functions. But first be sure you have the necessary satellites and you home position established. Those two are your lifeline to having her come back incase you loose controler functions or get disorienting or loose sight. The little radar function is a very good tool. Knowledge. Is the most versatile tool you can have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair