DJI assistant is unverified software!?

Reaction score
I just updated DJI Assistant 2 and I'm getting all kinds of warnings from my firewall (Win 7) and antivirus (Norton Security) telling me this is unverified software and asking if I'm really sure I want to trust it. Norton says there are only four other users in the world who have trusted this software! I think I remember having to do some trusting when I first installed it too, but the warnings seem more dire this time. I downloaded the update directly from the DJI site. What's up with this? Did I find bad software somehow? Doesn't DJI have the means necessary to get validation for their software? Thanks.

I don't know... DJI could have hacked and the code infected before being deployed. Or maybe no one updated yet and Norton does not recognize the software. On a side note, I always have trouble with DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac and Windows PC.

I just updated DJI Assistant 2 and I'm getting all kinds of warnings from my firewall (Win 7) and antivirus (Norton Security) telling me this is unverified software and asking if I'm really sure I want to trust it. Norton says there are only four other users in the world who have trusted this software! I think I remember having to do some trusting when I first installed it too, but the warnings seem more dire this time. I downloaded the update directly from the DJI site. What's up with this? Did I find bad software somehow? Doesn't DJI have the means necessary to get validation for their software? Thanks.

noton would only know about other norton users who also have it report back. for windows comodo used to report every network connection attemp. put in a virtual machine and watch it if you are worried. You can then look up every address it wanted to connect to.

I encountered the same problem when trying to install to my MacBook. In the case of unregistered software with regards to Apple versions of software, it is simply a new requirement with any software that can be installed on an Apple machine must be from a registered source. Basically, Apple wants software makers to "sign" their software. No more installing any old software from some random source. To fix this, you either have to hack the safety mechanism in your OS or, the software maker (in this case DJI) must pony up the $299 annual fee to Apple.

My guess is that Microsoft may be doing the same thing on the PC side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav