DJI and P2V+ Burning through my data plan

happydays said:
Researching before buying. Nothing wrong with that...

Absolutely not, I just laughed to myself the idea of downloading the dji app without a dji. I'm easily amused ;)

chapsrlz said:
i have interesting facts...

i dont own a drone, but i downloaded and installed dji app on my phone (iphone 5s)

while i was driving from my house to the cinema (about 5km) i took the first screenshot, then i opened the app and went directly to the maps. i downloaded the map and switch to satelite view, i drove around 10 minutes with the app open and when i arrived to the cinema checked for data consume (8mb). i minimized the app while watching the movie, drove back to my house and checked again for data consume.

Out of interest, what was the movie at the cinema?

jaykay2PT said:
chapsrlz said:

i dont own a drone, but i downloaded and installed dji app on my phone (iphone 5s)

while i was driving from my house to the cinema (about 5km) i took the first screenshot, then i opened the app and went directly to the maps. i downloaded the map and switch to satelite view, i drove around 10 minutes with the app open and when i arrived to the cinema checked for data consume (8mb). i minimized the app while watching the movie, drove back to my house and checked again for data consume.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
jaykay2PT said:
chapsrlz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+1

You go into google maps , find the area your flying in and then type in "ok maps" that'll cache your map.

Mori55 said:
You go into google maps , find the area your flying in and then type in "ok maps" that'll cache your map.
Good to know. so the new waypoint feature version of the DJI app uses google maps for its data? What if someone doesn't have google maps installed on their iPhone?

srandall25 said:
Mori55 said:
Good to know. so the new waypoint feature version of the DJI app uses google maps for its data? What if someone doesn't have google maps installed on their iPhone?

Not a problem, have it on my Retina Mini and no google maps installed

cougar said:
srandall25 said:
Mori55 said:

Not a problem, have it on my Retina Mini and no google maps installed
so are we sure it's actually even using google maps?

It uses google maps alright, when in the waypoint feature of the app if you zoom right in you can see the tiny google watermark. I think you have to cache the map while in the dji app, I read a post before where someone tried caching the map in google maps but when they went out into the field the maps werent there. I havent checked that myself as I've always cached the maps in the dji app.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
It uses google maps alright, when in the waypoint feature of the app if you zoom right in you can see the tiny google watermark. I think you have to cache the map while in the dji app, I read a post before where someone tried caching the map in google maps but when they went out into the field the maps werent there. I havent checked that myself as I've always cached the maps in the dji app.
ok, so the "ok maps" feature to cache works in the DJI app as well? ... just like it would work in google maps app?

480sparky said:
8676309 said:
  • 1. When connected to the Phantom_XXXXX network, you're not using cellular data.
    2. When not connected to the Phantom_XXXXX, close the app completely. No data will be used (cellular or otherwise).
Done.

Once again: I have not launched the app at all today. I have not started it. I never launched it. Yet:

DJIScreenshot-2.jpg

The phone says it's using data.

Search Google on how to close the app (not put it into the background). Close the app completely.

srandall25 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
ok, so the "ok maps" feature to cache works in the DJI app as well? ... just like it would work in google maps app?
No it's in google maps. When I go to that area I open that cached map and it shows up in the app.

jaykay2PT said:
chapsrlz said:

the immigrant
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951181/?ref_=nv_sr_1

chapsrlz said:
jaykay2PT said:
chapsrlz said:

the immigrant
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951181/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Is it worth watching?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj