DIY Transmitter tray

Reaction score
Just made myself a tray,,I like to be able to pinch the control sticks,for those slow ,precise movements,I don't have to worry about holding on to the RC,still need a better strap but should work out great,
71ba981878a9747a5022f43a78762d92.jpg
18414a865b5ad689afc97acd2f551202.jpg

Awesome! Nice job! I assume you have to unbolt it to get it off to put back in a case?

Have wing nuts on bottom of top two bolts,,slotted holes also,,just loosen wing nuts ,,slide top brackets forward,,lift out RC,,

Reactions: ryantrax
Have wing nuts on bottom of top two bolts,,slotted holes also,,just loosen wing nuts ,,slide top brackets forward,,lift out RC,,
Nice!

Reactions: wolf~928
Next I'm thinking of mounting a go pro tripod mount on the bottom,,I left the bolts in front long ,,installed rubber feet on bolts so I could set it on my picnic table and fly it that way,,lol

Mine is a Hobby King 9xr tray with Velcro between controller and tray.

Cheap and does job. I decided to try this as I wanted a platform to mount my powered boosters on, but actually found it was not needed.

As to 'pinch' .... I tried flying a fixed wing with it and didn't like it. I hold my Transmitter while moving sticks and that holding seems to give me reference. With the tray I found I lost that 'feel' and centre stick couldn't be found naturally as before.

Nigel

Just made myself a tray,,I like to be able to pinch the control sticks,for those slow ,precise movements,I don't have to worry about holding on to the RC,still need a better strap but should work out great,
71ba981878a9747a5022f43a78762d92.jpg
18414a865b5ad689afc97acd2f551202.jpg
Awsome idea ,,Yip like the rc graffiti aswell:)

Reactions: wolf~928
Nice job! you have really made that RC your own, I have seen a strap made by dji for the Inspire 1 that go's over the shoulders in such a way that it distributes the load over the shoulders and upper back so it doesn't cut into the neck.
I like your diy sunshade do you have the procedures on how I can make my own.

Nigel thanks I'll keep that in mind ,,I think you posted a pic of yours in a post. That's was my inspiration to give it a try,,
Wichkans thanks ,I'll look for an inspire 1 strap,,sounds like what I'm looking for,,the sunshade I made after watching several YouTube videos,,then I just kinda did my own thing,,

As to 'pinch' .... I tried flying a fixed wing with it and didn't like it. I hold my Transmitter while moving sticks and that holding seems to give me reference. With the tray I found I lost that 'feel' and centre stick couldn't be found naturally as before.

Nigel

Note: With the sides cut in this manner,,you can still hold onto the RC and control the sticks with your thumbs on top,,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj