DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3

Well, I'm finally home. Attached the booster. Very cool! But I'm at a loss as to what function the shims serve, and how to install them. Anyone have a photo?

Reactions: david wettlaufer
Well, I'm finally home. Attached the booster. Very cool! But I'm at a loss as to what function the shims serve, and how to install them. Anyone have a photo?
Dave included an instruction sheet in my package. Check to see if you have it. I have installed my clips so can't sent s pic

didn't see any shims in mine-- can anyone post a picture--- maybe I threw them out with the bathwater:D

I placed my order on Friday. Got a confirmation of payment from PayPal but nothing from E-bay.

Got mine today, can you explain what the 2 extra strips of foil is for and the 2 round rings, thanks!? Will test it tomorrow, looks great btw.

Flew 3 batteries this evening, nothing long so didn't really "test" it. It attached easily, and since I couldn't figure out what the shims were for, I guess I didn't need them! :D

Dave included an instruction sheet in my package. Check to see if you have it. I have installed my clips so can't sent s pic
Yeah, I have it, and read it, but there were no pics lol!! I'm sure when I see how they're supposed to attach, I'll slap myself for being so dense.

I am so sorry I haven't got a video together to show the new design and clips but I will soon. With that being said, I will try to explain it. After you slide the windsurfer on and bend up and clip in the antennas, take a clip with the raised tab for easy handling facing outward and slide the clip up between the windsurfer and the antenna base. This will stop the windsurfer from moving out of position while your flying. Hope this helps some.
DUH!! I just slapped myself!! :D

I knew when I finally "got" it, it would be easy and make sense. It made it much more secure with the RC!

From what I can tell, you need to remove (and then put back) the antennas to attach this reflector. You can't just quickly slide it on and off. Is that correct?

From what I can tell, you need to remove (and then put back) the antennas to attach this reflector. You can't just quickly slide it on and off. Is that correct?
Yes, it does slide on and off. Point both antennas outwards and down all the way. The bottom holes slide right over the antennas. Then point them back up and snap into place. Easy Peasy.

View attachment 24757 View attachment 24758 View attachment 24759 View attachment 24760 View attachment 24761 View attachment 24762 hello everyone,
This has been a item on my list of things to make for the phantom 3. (Windsurfer) I'm glad to say its done and available here in my store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Dynamic-3D-Solution?_rdc=1
Its a new item so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Let me know what you think.. it works great!

David I got my Windsurfer today, thanks for the prompt shipping. It fits beautifully on the RC and works great. I took her out 5500 ft today with only 1 warning which went away with better aiming. Figured that was far enough for my 7th flight with the bird.

It boggles my mind that I can get 1 mile + range on a typical neighborhood flight with trees and hilly terrain. These devices are incredible and your windsurfer takes them the next level with no permanent modification.

Thanks!

Yes, it does slide on and off. Point both antennas outwards and down all the way. The bottom holes slide right over the antennas. Then point them back up and snap into place. Easy Peasy.
Gotcha. Antenna removal would have been a showstopper for me so thanks for clarifying. I'm not too thrilled with needing to 'snap' the antennas in place. I'd rather just slide something down onto the antennas with no snap.

Does it feel sturdy enough to not break the reflector or crack the antenna with repeated use?

......... Does it feel sturdy enough to not break the reflector or crack the antenna with repeated use?
Very sturdy! I was pleasantly surprised at the build of it. After clicking the upper antenna snaps into place, it is very sturdy. Add the two shims at the bottom, and it's almost a part of the controller! Very snug, very sturdy! I won't ever worry about cracking the antennas.......... it's a fit that you'll understand once you see it. I can't explain it very well, but it's a very close, tight fit on the top clips.

Very sturdy! I was pleasantly surprised at the build of it. After clicking the upper antenna snaps into place, it is very sturdy. Add the two shims at the bottom, and it's almost a part of the controller! Very snug, very sturdy! I won't ever worry about cracking the antennas.......... it's a fit that you'll understand once you see it. I can't explain it very well, but it's a very close, tight fit on the top clips.
Thanks again sir. I really do appreciate your feedback.

Try this design? You get more range since it reflects more of the signal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311405462696?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2015-07-28_1-41-04.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94