Distance questions about P3

I've tried numerous times with no luck. Each time it reverts back to 120.
Hmmm....height then, I assume. I just changed mine two days ago. I had to set it to 200m because a hill I was flying over was 160 feet higher than my takeoff altitude and I needed to be closer to 400 AGL as I flew over it.

Last edited:
I have also been unable to set altitude higher than 120m in DJI Go. Does this possibly have to do with the FAA limit of 400 feet in the US for drones? 400 feet is pretty close to 120 meters (393.6 feet). Just curious if anyone knows if this limitation is set for the Go app in the US and cannot be overwritten.

I have also been unable to set altitude higher than 120m in DJI Go. Does this possibly have to do with the FAA limit of 400 feet in the US for drones? 400 feet is pretty close to 120 meters (393.6 feet). Just curious if anyone knows if this limitation is set for the Go app in the US and cannot be overwritten.
No .. the only reason anyone can't fly higher is because they don't properly set the app to allow flight above 120 metres.
Everyone's Phantom 3 or 4 can be set to go as high as 500 metres.
But to set this you have to have the Phantom connected to the app when you change it.

No .. the only reason anyone can't fly higher is because they don't properly set the app to allow flight above 120 metres.
Everyone's Phantom 3 or 4 can be set to go as high as 500 metres.
But to set this you have to have the Phantom connected to the app when you change it.

I've tried entering something above 120m. Each time it only allows/accepts numbers up to 120.

.Everyone's Phantom 3 or 4 can be set to go as high as 500 metres.
But to set this YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE PHANTOM CONNECTED TO THE APP WHEN YOU CHANGE IT.
I think several people keep missing the capitalized part.

This means, turn on, connect, fire up EVERYTHING (RC, AC, app) just like you were getting ready to take off (except for actually starting the motors). If you don't see live video on your phone or tablet, you're not ready to change the setting.

Reactions: Meta4
Today I was able to test this. Once the bird was connected to the controller I was able to change the max altitude to over 120m. But if you enter anything over 120 you get a warning that you are exceeding the FAA max altitude limit. But if you acknowledge it, you can set it up to 500m.

I was wondering if anybody has ever tested the actual limits of a stock P3 as in how far it can go without losing signal, and/or if it can go above 500m. I'm curious to hear if anybody has tested this.

Tom,

With only a cheap Windsurfer, my P3Pro's, a fully charged (good) battery, fully charger controller and pad (I'm on FW 1.4), good weather, low wind. I can easily do 6 miles round trip with about 30% battery left. I've gone much further but that's my "safe" distance.

Jerry

Very nice video. I've done parts of the BPR and most of the Cherohala by motorcycle which necessitates paying more attention to the road and less attention to the scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have pushed mine out 1.5 miles with the cheap directional slide-on antenna boosters but it was also away from civilization. I can usually get out to a mile fairly easily between 300-400 feet altitude but if I am around neighborhoods the interference usually cuts my range down to 1/4 to 1/2 mile.

I'm not sure what you are doing but it's not right.
All P3s & P4s can go to 500 m altitude.

Could it still be in Basic Mode ?

I flew off the side of a mountain at 2400 ft and went out 17,000 feet. The altimiter on the Go app said I was at 45 ft. I could have flown up another 1600 ft. I git back with 30% battery.
Which Phantom did you use? Any mods? Where was this? ln USA can't go over 400' high. this is good to know, I lost connection at 5700' but had mountains in the way.

Which Phantom did you use? Any mods? Where was this? ln USA can't go over 400' high. this is good to know, I lost connection at 5700' but had mountains in the way.
Phantom 3 Advanced
This is in the US in Va on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The overlook I flew off of was at 2400 ft. I flew straight out, the Go apps altimeter said I was at 10 ft, I flew down to -200 ft. Out a little over three miles. 17,000 ft or so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20