Distance questions about P3

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has ever tested the actual limits of a stock P3 as in how far it can go without losing signal, and/or if it can go above 500m. I'm curious to hear if anybody has tested this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was wondering if anybody has ever tested the actual limits of a stock P3 as in how far it can go without losing signal, and/or if it can go above 500m.
Lots have tested.
In a good interference free environment, the P3 Advanced and Pro can fly further than the battery is able to bring them back.
The 500 m altitude limit is hard-wired and can't be bypassed.

Plenty of distance threads here. As stated a basic P3A/P3P can go pretty far. I've gone just past 3 miles before chickening out. Im sure you can go far on your own in ideal locations. Good luck.

There are four P3s: P3S, P3 4K, P3A, and the P3P. Which P3 are you asking about?

Lots have tested.
In a good interference free environment, the P3 Advanced and Pro can fly further than the battery is able to bring them back.
The 500 m altitude limit is hard-wired and can't be bypassed.

I can only set the GO app max height to 120m, not 500m.

I got 7,000 feet on my p3p today but couldn't maintain visual so I bought it back.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    721 KB · Views: 599
Thanks for that! Do you know how far away it can fly and come back in ft/m by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
With a dbsmod antenna I pushed as far out as 20,000 feet on a stock battery and came home on the wings of angels. IMHO you're good for 15k without upper level winds against you.

Sent from my A0001 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew off the side of a mountain at 2400 ft and went out 17,000 feet. The altimiter on the Go app said I was at 45 ft. I could have flown up another 1600 ft. I git back with 30% battery.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can set the Max Height up to 500 metres but you have to have the Phantom connected for it to work because the setting is stored in the Phantom, not the app.

I was connected to the Phantom but it would not accept higher than 120m.

P3A completely stock - flew 5.7km / 3.5 miles away - and made it back with 17% battery left.

But in another location, the same unit could only go 1km before signal loss.

You sure? Could it be something in the latest firmware? I was able to make it higher on my last P3A but my new one will not go further.
Every P3 & P4 can be set to go as high as 500 metres.
Firmware updates reset settings to default values but you can change them back again to whatever your choice is.

You sure? Could it be something in the latest firmware? I was able to make it higher on my last P3A but my new one will not go further.
It won't go further or it won't go higher?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers