Discuss your P2V+ Antenna Mods for long range flight

brorex said:
Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
randywf said:
Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:
I picked one of these up, used on eBay to try and remove the epoxy. One was a success and the other... Not so much.... I think I will be doing the splice method if I replace the 5.8 side. I really haven't saw a need to upgrade these yet, but though I would try.... It's a *****...

What is the splice method? I vs e bird side antennas coming sometime would like to know what's easiest[/quote

There are a couple of good videos on how to do this on YouTube. Basically you cut off the single dipole (section with the heat shrink) and then splice/solder an sma pigtail to that end. That will allow you to add antennas to the bird without having to mess with the 5.8 board with the epoxy.

The problem with splicing is that it is time-consuming, easy to make it worse and if you are successful it usually does not work as good as just installing the new cables. You can order a new modified 5.8 receiver at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261587222841. It already has the antennas removed. Hope this helps.

Do these boards have to be soldered in? I haven't looked yet

No there are screws that hold it in place.

And then just plugs that plug to it?

Yes with new coax pigtails.

Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
randywf said:
Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:
I picked one of these up, used on eBay to try and remove the epoxy. One was a success and the other... Not so much.... I think I will be doing the splice method if I replace the 5.8 side. I really haven't saw a need to upgrade these yet, but though I would try.... It's a *****...

What is the splice method? I vs e bird side antennas coming sometime would like to know what's easiest[/quote

There are a couple of good videos on how to do this on YouTube. Basically you cut off the single dipole (section with the heat shrink) and then splice/solder an sma pigtail to that end. That will allow you to add antennas to the bird without having to mess with the 5.8 board with the epoxy.

The problem with splicing is that it is time-consuming, easy to make it worse and if you are successful it usually does not work as good as just installing the new cables. You can order a new modified 5.8 receiver at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261587222841. It already has the antennas removed. Hope this helps.

Do these boards have to be soldered in? I haven't looked yet

No there are screws that hold it in place.

And then just plugs that plug to it?

Yes with new coax pigtails.

Thanks for the help

rrmccabe said:
I have to agree with these guys mede8er.

First of all I don't really agree with Tony s methodology when it comes to forums. He just doesn't get how this all works but he does know how to build nice antennas.

That said, you just seem to like to stir up **** as that's about all I see you doing. Fight fire with fire? Dude, this isn't your rodeo. Nor mine.

Looks like Adam has taken care of it in an appropriate manner. Tony needs to realize this is how this works and he has the choice to be a vendor or not.

Whether or not you agree with my methods is up to you, but you do seem to agree with my argument and Adam's decision...I'm satisfied with the results....

mede8er said:
rrmccabe said:
I have to agree with these guys mede8er.

First of all I don't really agree with Tony s methodology when it comes to forums. He just doesn't get how this all works but he does know how to build nice antennas.

That said, you just seem to like to stir up **** as that's about all I see you doing. Fight fire with fire? Dude, this isn't your rodeo. Nor mine.

Looks like Adam has taken care of it in an appropriate manner. Tony needs to realize this is how this works and he has the choice to be a vendor or not.

Whether or not you agree with my methods is up to you, but you do seem to agree with my argument and Adam's decision...I'm satisfied with the results....

At the end of the day, you only hurt forums like this. The membership will inevitably decline as a result of your actions and those of the moderators. You are splitting hairs big time here with your legal BS and what has actually gone on in these threads. 99% of the posts are technical in nature, and educational for those of us who are learning about FPV.
And like Dirty Bird said, don't try coming across under the guise of some sort of do-gooder, as your posts are mostly antagonistic and cynical and extremely juvenile. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature can see right through a BS artist.

When forum membership and posts decline, the sponsors are hurt the most. The paid sponsors are being helped by the people that you complain and whine about as they attract many more members and guests alike. In the end, most of us are here to help each other and increase our knowledge and enjoyment of this hobby, unfortunately, your motivations are clearly not the same.

Hello, I have been in touch with Tony at fpvlr through email and even over the phone as I am the guy who first invited him over at phantompilots. I am happy that he's done so well.
He had a few things to say that he's willing to share with his customers and supporters.

Contrary to what he was expecting, he did get record sales for the past 3 days in a row, even if he's not posting.
That's a great releef to hear that people can keep their position in the company.

He's working his butt off to fulfill the orders. He's been getting over 2000 views per day in the past 3 days, up from only 1000 views per day, and none of them seem to come from phantompilots. That is great news. It seems that google is doing all the hard work for him, as people already know what to buy, after about 1000 satisfied phantom pilots use his antennas, words have gone out and spread enough.

He says that now the problem is to try to keep and speed up production levels. He's staying off facebook and other forums now to let the orders cool down a bit, as he's been getting 20 orders per day of different stages for the phantom vision.

He's happy and worried at the same time. He thought sales were going to plummet, but instead his effort on Facebook and youtube seem to have doubled his normal volume.
This means that the product is just so good and support is so outstanding that it does not need any type of promotion. He likes to remind me that his company is the only one who has NEVER given away antennas for free if not one here and there to people who have already spent a lot of money, to keep the customers happy. He's never looked for high profile testimonials and given away full setups or anything like that. That he feels is what's turning FPVLR into a brand, people are starting to associate FPVLR with high quality FPV antennas, just like you would think of TOyota as a reliable car, or as Ferrari for a beatiful and fast car or like CocaCola for a cool drink... giving the product away for free is a cheap attempt that leaves to be desired because the testimonial getting the goodies for free will feel pressed to promote the product even if it's not that good or practical to use or has other problems. When paying customers speak highly of a product, that's when you know the product is of high standards.

You can write on here, he will keep reading the threads, once or twice per day.

mr_3_0_5 said:
Hello, I have been in touch with Tony at fpvlr through email and even over the phone as I am the guy who first invited him over at phantompilots. I am happy that he's done so well.
He had a few things to say that he's willing to share with his customers and supporters.

Contrary to what he was expecting, he did get record sales for the past 3 days in a row, even if he's not posting.
That's a great releef to hear that people can keep their position in the company.

He's working his butt off to fulfill the orders. He's been getting over 2000 views per day in the past 3 days, up from only 1000 views per day, and none of them seem to come from phantompilots. That is great news. It seems that google is doing all the hard work for him, as people already know what to buy, after about 1000 satisfied phantom pilots use his antennas, words have gone out and spread enough.

He says that now the problem is to try to keep and speed up production levels. He's staying off facebook and other forums now to let the orders cool down a bit, as he's been getting 20 orders per day of different stages for the phantom vision.

He's happy and worried at the same time. He thought sales were going to plummet, but instead his effort on Facebook and youtube seem to have doubled his normal volume.
This means that the product is just so good and support is so outstanding that it does not need any type of promotion. He likes to remind me that his company is the only one who has NEVER given away antennas for free if not one here and there to people who have already spent a lot of money, to keep the customers happy. He's never looked for high profile testimonials and given away full setups or anything like that. That he feels is what's turning FPVLR into a brand, people are starting to associate FPVLR with high quality FPV antennas, just like you would think of TOyota as a reliable car, or as Ferrari for a beatiful and fast car or like CocaCola for a cool drink... giving the product away for free is a cheap attempt that leaves to be desired because the testimonial getting the goodies for free will feel pressed to promote the product even if it's not that good or practical to use or has other problems. When paying customers speak highly of a product, that's when you know the product is of high standards.

[emoji106]

mr_3_0_5 said:

Are you really saying what Tony is asking you to say? I sure hope this is not the case as this is a ridiculous post.

So now that things have settled down again, lets get back to the topic. All post going forward must be on topic or they will be deleted and you will be warned.

Thanks for your cooperation. ;)

Can someone post a link to a good how to video on how to mod the vision+ bird side with my new stage 4 setup thankyou

ftimster said:
Can someone post a link to a good how to video on how to mod the vision+ bird side with my new stage 4 setup thankyou

There isn't a video, but if you post pictures as you go in this very thread (antenna mods), I might be able to help you.

Interested in the fpvlr stage 2 mod. My concern is that it's going to be a pain to store the phantom after the mod in my goprofessional backpack. How much of a hassle is it setting up/storing your phantom vision plus with stage 2 kit installed with the goprofessional back pack?

My stage 2 in the case, took some cutting but fit nice:

Attachments

• 20141125_192451.jpg
    20141125_192451.jpg
    820.4 KB · Views: 485
  • 20141125_200141.jpg
    20141125_200141.jpg
    680.7 KB · Views: 418
Skydronik said:
Hi Tony. I'm interested in Stage 2 kit. Will it work fine with the recent version 3 of the phamtom 2 vision plus?

Thanks.

Yes, that is what I fly.

Hello, im new to upgrade of FPV and controller antenna.

What is the best kit for Vision Plus ? Stage 3 how far will that take you ? and stage 4.

Looking at these kits not including amps.. is those also necessary to order?

Best regards from Norway

Kag49601 said:
I got the antenna mounts for mine and thought I would run this by you before I put it back together. I don't like the angle of the cable. Will this hurt me? Thx
According to the RG-402/U spec sheet: "One time Minimum Bend Radius, 0.15 inches (3.81mm)", or typically for any coax, 1.5 times the cable diameter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj