Discover Spain - Andalusia - Cadiz - White Villages (Pueblos Blancos)

Reaction score
Website
discoverspainvideo.wordpress.com
Did you know that there is much more to Cádiz (Spain) than its beaches, coastal towns, Cadiz capital and Jerez de la Frontera? There is a Cadiz very little known called “White Villages” based on the color of the facades painted with lime, which dazzle in the sun. All of them have the Arab essence stamped on the house facades, very striking from a distance, with postcard landscapes and resplendent churches, palaces, castles, and houses that sometimes defy gravity.

Stories of what used to be the daily life of Al-Andalus survive here: the layout of the streets, the artisan production of leather goods and the sweet Andalusian recipes.

But the Berber heritage is mixed in this territory with dolmens and megalithic menhirs, the Roman roads, the Christian invasions, the conquistadors of America, the arrival of the French troops, the legends of bandits or maquis and the sleepers of a train that never arrived and that today is the Greenway of the Sierra de Cadiz.

And so much history happens in a landscape declared a Biosphere Reserve by Unesco: the Sierra de Grazalema, where the highest rainfall of the Spanish Peninsula is recorded, populated by numerous caves and canyons as amazing such as the Garganta Verde.

I hope you like it and enjoy it so much that it encourages you to go to visit the Pueblos Blancos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Loved this one great scenery and fantastic music track :cool:

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Did you know that there is much more to Cádiz (Spain) than its beaches, coastal towns, Cadiz capital and Jerez de la Frontera? There is a Cadiz very little known called “White Villages” based on the color of the facades painted with lime, which dazzle in the sun. All of them have the Arab essence stamped on the house facades, very striking from a distance, with postcard landscapes and resplendent churches, palaces, castles, and houses that sometimes defy gravity.

Stories of what used to be the daily life of Al-Andalus survive here: the layout of the streets, the artisan production of leather goods and the sweet Andalusian recipes.

But the Berber heritage is mixed in this territory with dolmens and megalithic menhirs, the Roman roads, the Christian invasions, the conquistadors of America, the arrival of the French troops, the legends of bandits or maquis and the sleepers of a train that never arrived and that today is the Greenway of the Sierra de Cadiz.

And so much history happens in a landscape declared a Biosphere Reserve by Unesco: the Sierra de Grazalema, where the highest rainfall of the Spanish Peninsula is recorded, populated by numerous caves and canyons as amazing such as the Garganta Verde.

I hope you like it and enjoy it so much that it encourages you to go to visit the Pueblos Blancos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Simply gorgeous scenery, excellent piloting and videography with relaxing soundtrack. Oh, I could watch this over and over with a glass of a nice Rioja!

I have traveled to Barcelona, Madrid, and Sevilla. My personal favorite is Sevilla and after watching your video, I know I must return to enjoy more of the surrounding areas of Andalusia!!

Thank you for posting a beautiful video.

Simply gorgeous scenery, excellent piloting and videography with relaxing soundtrack

Thanks for so nice comment, I'm happy to know you like the places, music and video

Oh, I could watch this over and over with a glass of a nice Rioja!

Rioja wine is from the north of Spain, you could say Sherry (Jerez), Manzanilla or Barbadillo (all wines from Cadiz) ;)

I have traveled to Barcelona, Madrid, and Sevilla. My personal favorite is Sevilla and after watching your video, I know I must return to enjoy more of the surrounding areas of Andalusia!!

Good choice among the places you know but Andalusia is huge, with many places to see like: The Alhambra in Granada (a must), The Mosque of Cordoba, .... and a lot of beautiful villages like Ronda in Malaga, many of Cadiz you have seen in the video, ...etc .... If I were you, I wouldn't know where to start.

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
Rioja wine is from the north of Spain, you could say Sherry (Jerez), Manzanilla or Barbadillo (all wines from Cadiz) ;)
Ah, thank you -- you have taught me something I did not know about Rioja! I will certainly look for Cadiz region wines next time I am in wine store🍷and of course when I am fortunate enough to visit Andalusia again.

Very Nice

Beautiful; looks like an incredible place to visit (and looked like many were visiting). Great subject matter, good cine and pleasant and complementary music. Keep up the good work.

Yes, they are very nice villages and places to visit but they are not very touristy, there is only local tourism, from the area.

Thank you very much for watching the video and commenting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers