Disconnection/Reconnection Issue for Crystalsky

Reaction score
Just got my 7.85 crystalsky and made my first flight today. Wanted to see how it handled towards the end of my range. The aircraft disconnected as usual toward the end of the range RTH was activated but never gained connection back. My iPhone always gained connection when it was back in range for me to regain control. This was very strange and wonder if anyone else has expected that? It was even hovering 30 ft above me and I tried powering off the crystalsky and unplugging/plugging it back in. Still nothing except the inspire 2 drone on the go 4 app (have a p4p, not an i2). I plugged my phone in and launched go 4 and it connected immediately. Nice display, but this has me concerned. Anything I should check out?

just to note -- I was about 6000 ft away, which has been my normal loss of signal to the RC where I fly.

I received my Crystalsky last week and had several wonderful flights. Two days ago the screen started locking up and it has done so every flight since. This is happening on both my Phantom 4 and my Mavic Pro. I called technical support twice and they were not able to give me a solution excepting to download the DJI 2 assistant on my Mac, load DJI 4 on a sd card and reload it on the tablet. I have downloaded the assistant several times but it doesn't really give me any option other than an Inspire connection. Frustrating!

The Crystalsky screen locks up regardless of the range. I do my filming close in and that is where most of the lock ups occur. I have to completely power down the tablet and reboot the ap to reconnect. Fortunately, it does not impact the controller.

that is just very strange ... i wonder why it is doing that. Mine has been pretty good except for that incident yesterday. I did purposefully run out of range again today, but it did reconnect for me after about 30 seconds into RTH. Overall I like the monitor, but hope DJI fixes the bugs in it quick. Oh yeah and open up 3rd party apps ;)

Are you guys all on the latest firmware ? Im using Crystalsky extensively at the moment and not seeing this my self but not using a Phantom,

I would suggest if your on latest FW perform a factory reset by going into Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Data Reset then clicking Reset Device.

If its still the same can you post exactly the setup your using so

Craft Model
Craft RC firmware
Do you have there HDMI Board Installed ?
Crystaksky Firmware
Connection method so Micro usb or USB C
Are you using the bracket ?

Uf your not using the DJI bracket and are using a normal USB cable try another.

I Personally recommend the below for out the box setup as this has given me no issues at all, it's important you Update to the latest firmware too as there has been a lot of fixes.

1: After Initial setup factory reset by going into Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Data Reset then clicking Reset Device.

2: When it reboots reconnect CrystalSky to your wifi network (you will need to put the password in again) then go into Setting, then Update and click Check For Updates, If there is an update do it, let it update and reboot.

3:After the update has completed I strongly recommend performing the Factory Data Reset in step 1 again just to set the image back to default then you should be all good.

Are you guys all on the latest firmware ? Im using Crystalsky extensively at the moment and not seeing this my self but not using a Phantom,

I would suggest if your on latest FW perform a factory reset by going into Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Data Reset then clicking Reset Device.

If its still the same can you post exactly the setup your using so

Craft Model
Craft RC firmware
Do you have there HDMI Board Installed ?
Crystaksky Firmware
Connection method so Micro usb or USB C
Are you using the bracket ?

Uf your not using the DJI bracket and are using a normal USB cable try another.

I Personally recommend the below for out the box setup as this has given me no issues at all, it's important you Update to the latest firmware too as there has been a lot of fixes.

1: After Initial setup factory reset by going into Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Data Reset then clicking Reset Device.

2: When it reboots reconnect CrystalSky to your wifi network (you will need to put the password in again) then go into Setting, then Update and click Check For Updates, If there is an update do it, let it update and reboot.

3:After the update has completed I strongly recommend performing the Factory Data Reset in step 1 again just to set the image back to default then you should be all good.

Thanks I'll take a look at this ... also get the info that you outlined.

I spent quite a bit of time with DJI support and we went through all the steps outlined by mad angler 1 and buduck. Nothing worked so DJI authorized a repair return. I sent it back last Friday and will let you know of developments.
When it is working the Crystalsky is by far the best solution for me. I have the DJI goggles, Fatsharks, multiple tablets including the Shield. The Crystalsky is far superior to all of them.

Reactions: bad karma
I spent quite a bit of time with DJI support and we went through all the steps outlined by mad angler 1 and buduck. Nothing worked so DJI authorized a repair return. I sent it back last Friday and will let you know of developments.
When it is working the Crystalsky is by far the best solution for me. I have the DJI goggles, Fatsharks, multiple tablets including the Shield. The Crystalsky is far superior to all of them.

when you say lock up, does it just freeze or does the AC disconnect

DJI replaced my Crystalsky and the new one has worked flawlessly. This tablet is the best thing that has happened to my drone flying. I have the DJI googles and hardly use them anymore.

Reactions: stoltzk
Got the 7.85 ultra bright..finally. Very quirky startup, not sure I was going to get it going. For starters, when you tap to “agree” I couldn’t get it to acknowledge. The screen was unresponsive many times. Finally got it up and going, must have taken 45 minutes.
First flight, got an error message that the drone and monitor were not compatible, changed that the day before. Just cancelled thru and it worked. Let’s hope the bugs get taken out on each upgrade.

My ultra is the only thing I can trust to fly with at the moment and it's working flawlessly, on the Mini 4 the Dji Go4 app keeps shutting down.

It has no problems with the boot up maybe about 10seconds

I received my Crystalsky last week and had several wonderful flights. Two days ago the screen started locking up and it has done so every flight since. This is happening on both my Phantom 4 and my Mavic Pro. I called technical support twice and they were not able to give me a solution excepting to download the DJI 2 assistant on my Mac, load DJI 4 on a sd card and reload it on the tablet. I have downloaded the assistant several times but it doesn't really give me any option other than an Inspire connection. Frustrating!

So I just went through this a few months ago,
The answer was to connect only the Drone and leave the Controller off.
Than you have to connect the Drone first to the adapter cord and than plug into the USB in that order,
Now the Phantom 4 Comes up.

We spent hours trying to figure that out as we kept turning on both units every single time .
Maybe that will help

Phantomrain.org
Fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Photoedge
I've had great success with the 5.5" standard CS... Still i thought i might try a Mini 4 since I could get one cheaply and everyone raves about the IOS and Autopilot, Litchi, etc. I much prefer the CS. The GO4 app is glitchy on the Mini 4, I haven't tried Autopilot yet, still studying videos, but the CS has been rock solid for me. Never a glitch, just perfect performance and I can see everything in broad Colorado daylight.

Edit: reading the post above, my CS is plugged into the controller. I start the controller, which boots the CS, then start the aircraft and go through my checklists. It's flawless. I shut down the controller and CS at every battery change and reboot the same way and it just works. I'm very happy with mine although I may get the larger screen and give my old eyes a break.

I got the 7.8” crystal sky & have it fully updated using mavic pro & it seems to work pretty good . I’ve been playing with mine a lot installing apps through apkpure. You can install most free apps from what I can tell. I’m probably going to do a full reset as I’ve loaded lots of apps on mine learning about it. If it continues to work well I may not just scared I’m putting too many apps on it. I love the brightness in sun on CS & memory slots also. There’s a lot to like on CS just different then mini4. I’m using iPad mini4 on my p4 as I have modified firmware with parameters changed. Not sure if this can be done with CS as it needs newer firmware to get panos & features on CS. So don’t think it would give you the features that are new for CS. So far I’m liking it a lot. I do hope we can eventually change parameters on drone to make it faster etc. [emoji111]️[emoji256][emoji573]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.