"Disconnected" on iPhone 6 Plus During Flight

I want to preface that I'm a very new drone pilot. I just got my Phantom3 Pro last week and have had 4 serious flights.

My first flight was in IL and it was flawless - flew great (besides my lack of knowing the controls) and returned to home just wonderfully.

I brought it with me to CO and tried two flights in the Rocky Mountains. The first one was up very high - around 11,000 feet elevation. I took off from a parking area and I didn't get out but 200 feet and it said "Disconnected" on my screen. My heart dropped. I tried sending a RTH command and nothing. Luckily, I could still manually control it and see it so I landed it myself. Talk about a scare.

We drove down to lower elevation - about 7,000 feet and the same thing - I have video on my phone, GPS is good, ready to fly. I take off fine, then I fly off and it shows disconnected again. I went ahead and flew it manually for some video this time (luckily I hit record before I took off). I had full control of gimbal, all controls, just flying "blind."

I'm certain I'm on the latest firmware as I updated as soon as it shipped - Monday last week.

Any ideas? Was the elevation throwing me off or do I have some other issue?

I have had a couple of disconnect with the app as well. It is fixable by closing out the DJI app on the phone (from app picker) then relaunching the app. Of course the drone will just hang in space while you reboot.

You CAN get it to RTH by just turning off the remote OR by using the RTH button on the remote.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl