Disconnected - Gimbal Disconnected??? Help!!! SOLVED

Reaction score
Good day to all...

I fired up my DJI Phantom 4 this morning, my intent was to calibrate the IMU.

First, I turned on the RC. Next I started DJI GO 4. Next I turned on the AC. The AC is running normally. Both back lights are flashing green. Both front lights are solid red. The only thing that is responding to the RC is the gimbal, which barely moves the camera from left to right/right to left when I move the stick.

When I turn on the RC it doesn't ask/tell me that there is a FW upgrade available like it was always doing before today. As per some advice that was offered, I have not updated the FW. I'm still using the FW that was installed out of the box.

When the AC started, the camera did it's self check as it normally does.

On the top left corner of the screen the RC says Disconnected and no matter what I do, it won't connect to the AC. I've shut down and restarted 4 to 5 times.

There's a message in the settings saying Gimbal not Connected

As I said; I move the stick and the gimbal barely moves from side to side.

I don't understand... The last time - and only time it flew, everything was normal and working the way it was supposed to, right up to the end of my flight. I did have an issue with a tree five minutes into the flight - broke 3 props and it fell about 3 feet, but after that I put on new props and took it up for another flight that lasted for about 45 minutes with no issues. I only quit because the battery was getting low. Everything was normal when I packed it up.

I have a fully charged battery. The RC is fully charged.

I re-installed the DJI app.

I'm not sure if I have left other information out here, but if so, let me know and I'll follow up.

Thanks in advance for any help that may offered.

Oscar, sure! Litchi is, in my opinion and many more, superior to DJI GO for flying a drone. It makes no demands for updates and does not restrict drones to unreasonable limitations as GO sometimes does and it's Waypoint missions are awesome! It also has the Mission Hub where you can create a mission on Google Earth from your desktop, laptop, or tablet and it will appear on your flying device. Very handy!

I got tired of DJI GO crashing on every flight and it sometimes refused to connect to the Phantom 4. I heard about Litchi, bought it, and never looked back! That was November 2016. I have never had to upgrade or update anything until I wanted to. It has never crashed on me and as stated, the Waypoint mission is so much fun to create on the Hub, upload to the drone, fly it, analyze the flight, make changes or modifications to waypoints or POI and fly it again!

And no, I don't work for Litchi, I just love the app and think everyone who is serious about flying a drone won't mind spending another $24.00 for the app to go with their $1,000 to $1,750 drone.

Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

Oscar, sure! Litchi is, in my opinion and many more, superior to DJI GO for flying a drone. It makes no demands for updates and does not restrict drones to unreasonable limitations as GO sometimes does and it's Waypoint missions are awesome! It also has the Mission Hub where you can create a mission on Google Earth from your desktop, laptop, or tablet and it will appear on your flying device. Very handy!

I got tired of DJI GO crashing on every flight and it sometimes refused to connect to the Phantom 4. I heard about Litchi, bought it, and never looked back! That was November 2016. I have never had to upgrade or update anything until I wanted to. It has never crashed on me and as stated, the Waypoint mission is so much fun to create on the Hub, upload to the drone, fly it, analyze the flight, make changes or modifications to waypoints or POI and fly it again!

And no, I don't work for Litchi, I just love the app and think everyone who is serious about flying a drone won't mind spending another $24.00 for the app to go with their $1,000 to $1,750 drone.

Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF
Thanks Jim... I'll look into it for sure!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl