Disconnected antenna wire

Reaction score
So the weather in South Dakota has finally warned up enough to fly my p3s. I have been reading where people get several thousand yards with their p3s. After a dozen flights, I've only been able to get out about 400 yards before the return to home was initiated. I was puzzled as I was at a lake out in the county, with no interference in the area. I decided to get a range extender to help get more distance. I settled on the ARGtek, as it looked to be easy to install, and from what I've read, it would give me several times the range of the original antenna.

Today when I was installing the AGRtek, I noticed that the longest antenna wire was not attached to the board. It was glued to the braided cable. It was attended with a tiny dot of glue. There wasn't even any glue where it should have been attached. It now makes sense why I wasn't getting the range I should have gotten. I probably wouldn't need the ARGtek after discovering the disconnected antenna wire. I installed it anyway, I figured the extra range and stronger signal would be good to have. It has been raining today so I haven't had a chance to test it out. I will let you know how the new antenna works out. I love how the pictures turn out. Here is where I've been flying.

bca259b2cf1a69459d93fbfa9ed4cc63.jpg

It's sad, QC on our P3S is slipping in order to meet the new cheaper price target.

By longest wire, are you meaning it was one of the 2.4 GHz (wifi) wires? Going to one of the square antenna?
If it was the one and only 5.8 GHz antenna wire, I'd be surprised it worked at all. Could have even caused damage to the controller.

It was the one from the round antenna. It may have also been Attached loosely to the connector,and when I pulled the two shells apart it could have pulledoff of the post. It was stuck to the braided cable.

The blob of glue is supposed to be covering the top of the tiny U.FL connector, rather than the coax cable. So the connector is held down to the board.

I never had much luck with the ARGtek mod. I installed it, but it didn't improve my P3S range enough to justify the inconvenience. I took it back off again. I then purchased a P3 Pro. Range problem solved! I still have and fly the Standard. But if I want range, I use the Pro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik