Disable starting noise

Reaction score
Is it possible to dissable the starting noise of my PH3P ? pieppieppieppiep

You could desolder speaker or cover it with tape to make it more silent, there is no way to disable it trough app

Thats new for me........a speaker in the PH3..................where is it ?????????????

Guys it's from the Escs. This has been asked and answered hundreds of times over the last few years, trust me I'm not pulling your leg :D

Well the ESCs are the drivers but the motors are the transducers (i.e. speakers).

Guys it's from the Escs. This has been asked and answered hundreds of times over the last few years, trust me I'm not pulling your leg :D
Mal; do you happen to know what the beeps indicate? ie: 4 tones=4 healthy esc's. My reason for asking is I've got a p3 that gives 4 tones on startup, but I'm getting an "esc error" when I try to start the motors. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My wife thinks that it is the Phantom's "happy sound" because it is going out flying. Are you saying she's wrong?

Reactions: Oso and Fplvert
Get a big fat rubber band and put it around all 4 motors. When you power it up, the band will help quiet the motors. Just be sure to remove it before you arm the motors.

There have been a couple of humorous threads about this, including scaring the heck out of pets and waking up children. Some love it however and have made it their ring tone.

Also, I have read that the tones are some sort of diagnostic indicator though I can't find that post at the moment. Maybe it had to do with voltage perhaps? I can't remember.

As noted, there is no way to disable the tone. I personally would like for it to stay, just for it to be a lower volume or an adjustable volume.

One other thing I would like to see is an option in the app to turn on some kind of tone, maybe a series of short beeps, as loud as the start up tone. Users could turn on this tone to use as a beacon to assist with finding the P3 if it landed out of sight. Sort of like finding your mobile phone by calling it and listening for the ring tone. Better yet, if the P3 automatically initiates a RTH or low power landing, the beep initiates on it's own to assist with locating. Of course, an option to disable the tone would be needed for those who want or need silence.

I know that some after market tracking devices have this capability, but it seems like such an easy thing to add to the P3's base functionality.

So far I haven't had a need for such functionality, but I have read about so many who would have found this helpful.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Think about it this way:

All four ESC banks are driving all 4 motors to make exactly the same sound.

If there was any tiny almost imperceptible issue, what's the best way to show that to a human? Sound !

The happy noise has all been drilled into our heads. If there's a loose cable, or other issue with an individual phase of a motor, we would immediately hear something wrong with the happy sound, and know something was off.

There are very few stimuli us humans can differentiate at these frequencies, but a coordinated sound is one we might actually notice. It's pretty clever really...

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Mal; do you happen to know what the beeps indicate? ie: 4 tones=4 healthy esc's. My reason for asking is I've got a p3 that gives 4 tones on startup, but I'm getting an "esc error" when I try to start the motors. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Could you have a bit of grit or sand in one of your motors? Inspect them thoroughly with a bright light, try spin them gently and see if there is more resistance in one over the others. Maybe get a vacuum cleaner to them. After that I'd be taking off the top shell and inspecting for any loose connections. Let us know how you get on or maybe post a new thread so more can chime in mate.

It was just a question if some technical peaople could give me a succesful answer..............
so it seems to be NO
for the rest the PH3P with V1.1.9 and 2.0.0 flies oke and I am just waiting for flying the long promised
Waypoints..............

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31