Director Software

Reaction score
I tried editing some footage last night, I was only able to get very short clips when I wanted to post a complete 1 minute video. I wasn't able to get it to work. Is this software limited to what you are allowed to use ? Is there a better software that I should be using?

Thank You

I ran into this issue as well. Seems it's limited to 30-35sec?

It's a gimmick. If you want auto generated stuff, you're better off uploading it to google+ and letting Auto-Awesome sort them out.

Also only uploads to youtube in 720p. Total crap. Used it last night for the first time. Not impressed. Cool for the beginner user though I guess

DJI had high ambitions to add such software to the basic App, but I believe DJI will come through with fixes and improvements to make the Director work to help many people post quick and easy videos.

The current Director software is broken in my opinion and I have found no one who was successful in using to completion. Some features seem to work, and you can select clips, but then in my experience the App stops progressing to the next step of assembling the video and adding the music. So I gave up, and am watching for an IOS App update.

It may take them months to get it right, but given what DJI has accomplished with the P3P and P3A, I give them good odds, the App will get better and better over the next year.

I got it to work on my android. Galaxy tab. Just messed around to see if it would work. But the uploading only to 720p means I will never try and use it again lol.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dosen't do it justice.:eek:

Yea. Total crap in my opinion 4k camera and only loads 720? Wtf dji?

I got it to work.

I got it to work too , but it only gives you short clips

I got it to work.

Re-rendered in 4k too!

Reactions: bobmyers
It's just for quick sharing and not a pro production. Don't overthink it and be greatful we have a great flying camera.

While the sample videos are short, and 720p quality, the music is not too bad, and it appears they end it with a mini commercial for Phantom. Still it is FREE and works on Android. I'm sure it will work on IOS eventually. For serious editing you need a Mac or PC with decent software for editing video in high resolution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers