Digital Noise in image (Phantom 4 Pro)

Reaction score
We are having an issue with our Phantom 4 Pro where the images are coming back with digital artifacts. We've updated firmware, tried factory reset, bought new SD card etc and can't seem to figure it out. Has anyone else experienced this? Please see attached images. We're about to send it out but wanted to see if anyone might have some insight on this. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DJI_0009.JPG
    DJI_0009.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 215
  • DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 222
  • DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 234
  • DJI_0012.JPG
    DJI_0012.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 210
  • DJI_0013.JPG
    DJI_0013.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 234
  • DJI_0014.JPG
    DJI_0014.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 207
I had similar with my P4Pro , the cause was a gimble ribbon cable. The old one did not look worn/damaged at all, the drone has never been 'bounced' so I'm guessing it's just something that wears.

Thanks for that...hopefully it's a simple fix. Did you have to send yours out for repair or did you order new ribbon cable?

I sent mine to a private repair guy, cost was £75 or so including the part. I did see some youtube vids for fixing it but I've got old eyes and fat fingers!

Mine did this kind of artifacts (black/white in my case) but not on every flight, then almost every flight, then total image breakups (especially when changing gimble angle). When I look at old photos I can see that it was creeping in way back, I'd not noticed.

Agree that this can be an issue. Or the sensor maybe.
This is not a noise it is defective electronics.

Perhaps you did not notice that the ISO setting was high? Often, automatic modes will adjust that for you and you don't want that. It should be set to 100 for the cleanest imaging.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl