Different versions of Gopro Hero 3 black?

If that is legit that is a bargain... I'd be a little worried myself. Seems a bit too good to be true but you never know! A few people on their feedback have purchased and its hard to fake 6K+ feedback so maybe worth a punt! Report back if it is a good'n.... you can always sell it on for a £90 profit! :lol:

I believe GoPro has reduced the price, in anticipation of a new model coming soon-ish. In the US the Black model is down to $329 at Amazon. (I paid $400 just two months ago.)

As we are only weeks away from a new gopro camera release there will be some better deals around and may drop more after a new cam or camera's are announced.

Official site has them now at $329 usd but beware that ebay sales may have warranty issues with gopro. They dont allow any resellers to sell on ebay and are pretty strict against this so if something goes wrong you may only be able to deal with the ebay seller and not gopro directly without a retail receipt.

martcerv said:
As we are only weeks away from a new gopro camera release there will be some better deals around and may drop more after a new cam or camera's are announced.

Official site has them now at $329 usd but beware that ebay sales may have warranty issues with gopro. They dont allow any resellers to sell on ebay and are pretty strict against this so if something goes wrong you may only be able to deal with the ebay seller and not gopro directly without a retail receipt.

Wow you lucky buggers.... £359 ($574) still here in the UK via gopro's site. I won't even get started on the total injustice of us paying $574 for the same camera, shipped from the same place :roll: - same with Apple, Adobe etc - if anyone in the US wants some fun look at the cost of the Adobe Creative Suite (download) on the US site and then the UK site.

UK - https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/catal ... l?start=10
US - https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/ ... l?start=10

... oops i got started! :lol:

EDIT - ok those links don't work unless you change the language at the bottom of the screen.... for those not interested in trying:
US = $2599 (£1,623.77)
UK = £2644 ($4,231.99) - all downloaded from the same server!

The pricing is pretty typical we get similar in Australia but not quite as bad as you guys in the uk. Here wholesale price was only a few dollars less then us retail and when it was $399 in the us retail in OZ was $480 but we do also have 10% gst so that would have made the price $440 so only $40 more but not long ago our dollar was also stronger then the us. In the uk you guys get badly ripped off I guess the queen needs her share as does the government. :)

Here is a good little video made by an aussie tv show regarding itunes us and aussie pricing. Adobe is also world famous for this sort of digital download price insanity.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVBtgsS41lk[/youtube]

I got my GoPro Hero 3 black from that guy on eBay about two weeks ago I live in the UK and it's all good. And there is only one version of the black.

Same here...The first one cost me full price (£350) the second one I bought from the same guy on ebay, £90 cheaper...No difference between the two, except the price.

DeweyAXD said:
A bargain it is then! At the end of the day who cares how they sourced them at that price as long as they are genuine :D

Yeah, they are definately genuine......As you know, you have/can to input your serial when you want to update...All checks out legit.

I bought my third gopro hero 3 black from pixel deals on ebay for £269.99, a couple of weeks ago, and it is all 100% kosher everything in the kit as you would expect. I may buy another before they all dry up as the version 4 comes out, although you can still buy hero 2 from some dealers. One of my gopro 3's went faulty with getting very hot and using up batteries in 20mins so I arranged to send it back to gopro in Holland and they shipped me back a brand new one in a week. No complaints from me about gopro service.....

Yeah there should be some great deals on the Hero3 coming up (especially second hand!).

You did well there with GoPro. They have been pretty shocking with my overheating case despite (eventually) sending me a replacement that still overheated. Last email I told them that I had self diagnosed it as the Sandisk Ultra card causing the overheat (that they recomended to me in 2012) and that buying a £60 samsung seems to have sorted it..... Their reply:
"I am sorry you are still having problems. Can you try using a different SD card as this is the only thing I can think of that might be the cause" - priceless.

Suffice to say the Hero4 had better be **** good to keep my business! :lol:

Lets hope the H4 doesn't have continuous scanning for less jello :) And I have upgraded my H3 already they're defo legit. Mine only runs warm when I am streaming live view to my phone but since the wifi can interfere with the Tx I don't do that anymore.

DeweyAXD said:
If that is legit that is a bargain... I'd be a little worried myself. Seems a bit too good to be true but you never know! A few people on their feedback have purchased and its hard to fake 6K+ feedback so maybe worth a punt! Report back if it is a good'n.... you can always sell it on for a £90 profit! :lol:

Alas it looks like a con! Paid for it on Tuesday for a Thursday delivery. Nothing arrived and the RM tracking number is not active according to my local sorting office- meaning it has not been sent! And on My Ebay page there is a note saying this listing was removed by Ebay- and I don't need to go ahead and pay for it. Which of course I had already done so!! Trying to contact the buyer now. Just hope that Ebays money back guarentee is as good as it sounds!! So won't be doing any aerial filming just yet- though its wet & very windy outside now anyway!! Ho Hum...

bill

Stay away from buying a Gopro on Ebay for the next few weeks. People are trying to get rid of their back stock of old cameras and there seem to be some deceptive listings. It really truly is best to wait until the sellers get their act together.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj