Different Tones in map Pictures

JDS

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have started up an Ag Drone business and I currently use a P3P for mapping our local farms in Northern Texas. I ran this field on Saturday and when I had the map processed, it had an antique tone to the picture. I looked though the individual pictures and noticed there were a number of pictures that had different tones from one to the other. I have attached a sample of two picture that are overlapped in the same run. Any ideas? I have not had this issue before.

There were no clouds and it was run about 1 pm in the afternoon.

The temp was high(96+), could it have been an overheating issue?

Attachments

• af24a4491f1d90cb3a7580c1e28aeaaa.jpg
    af24a4491f1d90cb3a7580c1e28aeaaa.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 193
  • d18f3e441063e51aa94706275c82dba8.jpg
    d18f3e441063e51aa94706275c82dba8.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 178
I looked though the individual pictures and noticed there were a number of pictures that had different tones from one to the other.
White balance issues will produce images that are too blue or too yellow.
I once had an issue that caused the auto white balance to wander even though the lighting conditions were stable.
This was the result:
i-fKcKkRr-L.png

The solution was to lock the WB in at Sunny or Cloudy rather than AWB.

It is the auto white balance. You have to turn it off for mapping. 1pm with sun at high, use a filter and set your white balance manually. I’ve had this problem before with the same machine. I would also avoid setting it to “sun” it makes the pictures look yellowish. The best advice I can stress to you especially if you are mapping is; filters

It is the auto white balance. You have to turn it off for mapping. 1pm with sun at high, use a filter and set your white balance manually. I’ve had this problem before with the same machine. I would also avoid setting it to “sun” it makes the pictures look yellowish. The best advice I can stress to you especially if you are mapping is; filters
I can't think of any reason you would want to use any filters for a mapping flight.
Why would you recommend a filter?
What filter?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub