Difference between single and dual antenna receiver.

Reaction score
So I purchased a lot of drones on ebay, and one of the drones that came with it was a busted V1.0 original phantom. All 4 ESC's were toast, but it looked like it could potentially fly again. Well, long story short, I picked up the "guts" to a V1.1.1 cheaper than buying the ESC's, which was ideal because I don't want to put a lot of money into this.

Swapped everything over, reusing the LED and GPS from the V1.0. It came with the dual antenna D-bus receiver, but I do not have a DR7 transmitter, I only have the original SR6 remote.

Again, not trying to spend a whole lot of $$$ to get this flying, so I want to use what I have. Can I swap the single antenna receiver in, and then connect the NAZA V2 to the DJI assistance and change it to PWM instead of D-bus and get it working?

If so, what are the shortcomings of the single antenna receiver to be aware of? Just range?

M9D,

I can only comment regarding single vs. multiple antenna equipped receivers- two or more antennas provide 'diversity' of which there are multiple schemes.
In your case it is 'spacial diversity' as they are physically spaced apart. This improves signal reliability since the receiver can choose the best signal from one of the two locations.
This is a general explanation.
If you Google Antenna Diversity you can learn more and save me some typing!
Cheers.

Thanks. I did some googling and came to understand what you mean.

I was able to swap the older receiver in, and get it working. Had to go into the NAZA software and change the transmitter type from D-bus to PPM. After that it worked great.

The drone on the other hand has issues. Doesn't fly well, and I think I motor is bad. It will hover, but twitch and dart to one side randomly.

I've had enough of it though. Going on Ebay. I have other quadcopters to play with. I just wanted to see if I could give this old P1 some new life.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic