Did I screw up? (Walkera G-2D + Hero2)

Reaction score
Well guys, I think I made a mistake. I purchased a Walkera G-2d gimbal and happily installed it yesterday. I currently use Hero 2's for my shooting and assumed I could just "make them work". Well, I tied them on to the gimbal and it works okay....until you bump it at all. At that point the camera pitches downwards and the motor jitters, seemingly fighting to bring it back up. I did some quick research and found my H2's are 98G while the H3's are 73G. Did I just buy a gimbal I can't use with my GoPro's?? :(:(

Need more info. How are you powering the gimbal? Do you have the pitch control connected? Did you balance the camera on gimbal without power applied?

Well guys, I think I made a mistake. I purchased a Walkera G-2d gimbal and happily installed it yesterday. I currently use Hero 2's for my shooting and assumed I could just "make them work". Well, I tied them on to the gimbal and it works okay....until you bump it at all. At that point the camera pitches downwards and the motor jitters, seemingly fighting to bring it back up. I did some quick research and found my H2's are 98G while the H3's are 73G. Did I just buy a gimbal I can't use with my GoPro's?? :(:(
Just shooting from the hip,... from what you described it sounds like what was going on with my G-2D until I added weight which calmed it down. BUT I am using an SJ5000+. I'd still look into seeing if it might be a weight issue.
BOT

Reactions: SilverStone641
The Walkera is is designed for a GoPro type camera, so it will work,but it must be balanced on the gimbal with the power off. I had to add weight to the camera mount. I used a few coins with sticky tape. Sit the Phantom on a level table with the camera mounted. The camera should sit level and not flip around.

Well, i finally found some time to go back and work on this thing. (Believe it or not, selling a house kinda gets in the way of **** near everything)

I was able to balance it out using 4 quarters and the balance ring from the G-2D box. It seems to stay level now. I gently moved the quad around and the camera stayed level the entire time. I'm VERY encouraged! Now I just gotta get my props sorted out and take her out for a test flight!

Thank you all for your help! Love this community!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl