Device to hold RC stick control in position

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of where I could purchase a jig or other device that would hold the RC stick in place so that the video footage will be more consistent?

Reactions: umanbean
Not so sure what your really trying to achieve....to make the drone more steady OR the videos from the drone more steady !....Your word "Consistent" too.....is confusing !

Is anyone aware of where I could purchase a jig or other device that would hold the RC stick in place so that the video footage will be more consistent?

I got you covered :

Easy ways: Use Tripod mode on your auto settings that will allow you to fly a constant speed very slowly and record.
Second way is Tap Fly that will allow you go in the direction you want and focus on the angle of the camera
Third way is to use RTH on the way back allowing you to focus on the camera at RTH speed.

Or you can learn to use your thumb pressed under the stick once your speed it good just keep your thumb pressed.
I never use my finger tips as some do just my thumb to get constant recording speed.

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.37.26 PM.png

There are a lot of tricks but these are one we use the most.
Phantomrain.org

I like to make slow truns around things while taking video and i have a problem making the turn without a slight back and forth jog of the stick. It is really noticeable in the video when it is speeded up. I would like a smooth curve. I thought that perhaps this had occurred to someone else and that they might have created something to fill the need.

Perhaps a waypoint mission will do the trick?
Or this high-tech DIY device:
20181027_173217.jpg20181027_173443.jpg20181027_173712.jpg20181027_173716.jpg20181027_173720.jpg20181027_173825.jpg20181027_173835.jpg

Last edited:
I got you covered :

Easy ways: Use Tripod mode on your auto settings that will allow you to fly a constant speed very slowly and record.
Second way is Tap Fly that will allow you go in the direction you want and focus on the angle of the camera
Third way is to use RTH on the way back allowing you to focus on the camera at RTH speed.

Or you can learn to use your thumb pressed under the stick once your speed it good just keep your thumb pressed.
I never use my finger tips as some do just my thumb to get constant recording speed.

View attachment 104569

There are a lot of tricks but these are one we use the most.
Phantomrain.org

Thanks! Very good advice!

That is a good idea. I am going to try and think of some different methods of holding it still such as perhaps velcro on the bottom of what you pictured
The force necessary to 'unhook' velcro may cause unwanted stick movement.

Reactions: aquajoc
At one time I had seen a video of someone using a Popsicle or tong depressor and they slid one end under the ipad/phone holder and other to the stick to hold it in place.

Reactions: aquajoc
I think that someone with engineering and 3D printing skills should come up with a manual rotary slider crank mechanism to fit over the top of the left controller stick. I could imagine that they will sell plenty of them. These are examples:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic