Decent speed

Jay

Reaction score
Hi all is there anyway to change the decent speed just a little bit ? Seems to take forever to come down.

Jay said:
Hi all is there anyway to change the decent speed just a little bit ? Seems to take forever to come down.

Unfortunately DJI implemented descent rate limits in version 2 & 3 firmwares. The limit in current firmware is 2m/s and is not a user-configurable setting.

The descent rate limit was put in place btw to help cut down on the large number of device losses due to VRS: Vortex Ring State. Basically if a rotary wing craft descends straight down too quickly, it's descending into the disturbed, downward-moving air from it's own propellers... which can't grab any good/fresh air to cause lift: The craft plummets from the sky uncontrollably. This can be avoided simply by maintaining lateral movement while descending but rather than go the education route, DJI chose to cripple our devices. Want to help? reach out to DJI and politely offer feedback that you'd like to see descent and/or speed limits (they also cut our lateral speed by about 1/3 in firmware 3) a user configurable setting, or only available in Naza mode.

The only way around it is to downgrade to firmware 1.08 which really isn't recommended due to the large amount of other safety measures and improvements you lose.

I didn't upgrade my Vision from 1.08 until Waypoints were released with revision 3.04
I flew knowing about VRS after watching videos and learning the lessons from others. Always have forward momentum when descending and you'll be fine. The implementation of the "2 meters per sec" descent speed is ok, but it takes much longer to bring the craft down.
So its really up to the users preference and how you like to fly. I also noticed that with the limits on descent, the craft acted as though it did not want to descend and fly laterally at the same time . It doesn't act like it wants to do both simultaneously. I never noticed this characteristic in 1.08.

So, if you want the extra performance, and no limitation on descending speed, you can revert your craft back to 1.08. and android app 1.0.38
If you want the waypoint features and additional flight precautions then you'll have to stay with 3.0 and above.

2cents

The Rookie

maybe if someone see's drone flying and want get pilot accused in some wierd reason - DJI has made landing so slow, so anyone can go find pilot and say" this is my breathing air" and start fisting(literally or not)

Pilot is just seized on flying some more time. making descent speed setting available in NAZA mode is too obvious benefit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20