Decal Problem

Reaction score
My original Colors were peeling off so I tried to put a new purple one on that came with the set but I'm having the same issue. I was thinking of priming the surface with Acetone and a Q-tip and then trying some better adhesive like cyanoacrylate. Does anyone have any experience with these ?

Acetone might melt the plastic.

The blue stripes on mine started to peel off (my company's logo is blue), so I just bought some blue electrical tape, applied, and trimmed with an X-acto knife. Looks pretty good.

Reactions: RadRocket
Mine looks just like yours, and I cleaned thoroughly with rubbing alcohol before I applied it, and let it dry. I have to restick it often.

Cleaning the shell with rubbing alcohol before applying the stickers does help, but perfect positioning helps even more as the sticker sits in its designated recessed spot. The foam in my carrying bag rubs exactly where the stickers are, so I ended up adding a small piece of transparent tape at each end of the sticker. It seems to hold well.

Don't use acetone! I use acetone to vapor bath my 3D printed parts, its job is to essentially melt the plastic... not good when it comes to your shell. As others indicated make sure the surface is clean using rubbing alcohol, I've applied a few thousand vinyl decals in my life ;)

I think its a universal problem .... they just start lifting at the ends.

I just added like another - a strip of clear tape ... but mine passes completely round.

I would not make a permanent job of it - just in case need to open shell.

Funny - when my P3P came back from DJI - the stickers were missing from the AC ... but they gave me a complete new set to apply myself.

Nigel

Nigel

No need to take the decals off if opening the shell. Simply slice along the shell line with a razor blade. Looks no different when the shell halves are put back together.

MM - I realise that ... just think it a bit drastic to permanent the stickers ...

Nigel

I think its a universal problem .... they just start lifting at the ends.

I just added like another - a strip of clear tape ... but mine passes completely round.

Funny - when my P3P came back from DJI - the stickers were missing from the AC ... but they gave me a complete new set to apply myself.

Nigel
If I go around with the tape it's going to cover several motor heat vent slots.

If I go around with the tape it's going to cover several motor heat vent slots.

Forgive me for mentioning that we do use our common sense !! Careful use of a model knife blade soon fixes vents and other items !!

Nigel

Its actually a pet subject of mine .... because there are now so many models on the flight line IDENTICAL except for hangar rash or crash repair marks !!

My P3 looks different to the others in our club - why ? Because I have personal decals on it ... GB-NCL, LARPAS, KASK ... and it is now identifiable as mine !!

Nigel

Does it work out that if you have custom decals and send it in for repairs, you get the same drone back?

According to some reports - you can get a different one back ! I think depending on the repairs - they probably look at sending out a refurb on occasion.

Nigel

Don't use acetone! I use acetone to vapor bath my 3D printed parts, its job is to essentially melt the plastic... not good when it comes to your shell. As others indicated make sure the surface is clean using rubbing alcohol, I've applied a few thousand vinyl decals in my life ;)
PLUS 1 for this 100% correct you do not want to use acetone on plastic it wont end well. I had the same issue with my decals I cleaned the reses they sit in with an alcohol swatch installed the new decals and warmed them up with a hair dryer while constantly smoothing them down they are stuck like I crazy glued them now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl