Dead Controller ?

Reaction score
My P3S Controller seems to be toast.

When I charge it, the solid red light stays on. It never goes green to indicate fully charged,

That's after I left it charging all night. Around 12 hours.

When I turn it on, I get 3 solid green LED's and the fourth green LED flashes.

Is it toast ?

These must be different than the p4p controller. I just have one red light on the left, then four white lights. I don’t get a green until it connects to the ac. The red one changes to green once it connects.

Thanks for the reply Starz,

But it looks like it's had it. Is there any way to fit a new battery anyone know ?

Thanks for the reply Starz,

But it looks like it's had it. Is there any way to fit a new battery anyone know ?

As @Starz says, they are removable.

Undo the 4 screws (carefully and don’t loose them) at the back of the controller. Carefully split the controller a little and slide the back of the controller rearward a touch to disengage from the antenna mount.

Open up the 2 halves gently and disconnect the x 3 multi connectors. Turn the lid of the controller over and at the bottom of the lid you will see the rechargeable battery (brown in colour) held in with a metal clip.

I have a spare battery for the controller which I swop in my units every 6 months or so to keep them both right. If I recall I had a nightmare trying to find one but you can get them.

I don’t know (maybe others will) if there is an equivalent battery on the market from the RC world.

Hope this helps, good luck.

My P3S Controller seems to be toast.

When I charge it, the solid red light stays on. It never goes green to indicate fully charged,

That's after I left it charging all night. Around 12 hours.

When I turn it on, I get 3 solid green LED's and the fourth green LED flashes.

Is it toast ?
So it doesn't work with your Phantom?

Rod

Thanks for the replies. I'll hunt around for a new battery.

@Rod,

It probably would work, but it has little to no charge left in it.

UPDATE:

It does work, but the DJI GO App reports controller low battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
To anyone interested, it turned out to be a faulty USB cable. I'd noticed my little Sony DAB radio was not charging using this same cable. Took a while for the penny to drop ! My P3S Controller is working and charging 100% with a new USB cable. Hope this might help others with similar problem.

Reactions: RodPad
Well to add to your post, a charging problem with remotes has also been related to the USB power supply not having enough amperage.

Kind of the same symptom, looks likes charging but never does. ;)

Rod

Well to add to your post, a charging problem with remotes has also been related to the USB power supply not having enough amperage.

Kind of the same symptom, looks likes charging but never does. ;)

Rod

Hi Rod,

Yes, I charge direct from the 240v mains when I can using my phone charger adaptor.

This time though it charged fine from my laptops USB although very slow compared to mains.

It's a shorter USB cable too. Only about 6" long. The faulty cable was a longer cable, around 2ft. Not sure if that makes any difference ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj