DBS Mods ITE-DBS02 Antenna for P3P: Results of Signal Penetration Testing

That thing looks awesome, any more video of the island in lake Michigan?

I do have the video but it's not real good quality as I wash really just trying to see if I could make it out there. I got a lot of video drops once there so the video is made up of a lot of sitting still lol. I know when I install the dbs mod I should be able to get good footage of it then.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Prowler, can i have some details bout that flight case i missed em?
Dbs unboosted
Reg battery no externals
Landed remotely 40,000' away went and collected it

Yes this is a UnBoosted DBS antenna. DJI battery, nothing more. As u can see I was at 29% battery at 41000 ft. Not enough battery to get home.
Planed to land remotely on beach and then go get but it lost signal and so it got lost in the Dunes.
41000-ftt_zpsja6bkdj5.jpg

Prowler, use that moniker and hit those dunes! Did you check out the map to see where it might have been?

Reactions: NormanNormal
NormanNormal, my DBSMod is in route. Should have it tomorrow. I don't plan to go very far out, at least not now. But wherever I hover I want to make darn sure I'm connected.

Reactions: NormanNormal
Oh **** ! Lost for good!
So far 'lost for good'. Have search for it a few times. I know it's last location and the path that is was on so I'm hoping one day I find it. Out in the dunes the brush/shrubs is hard to go thru and gotta watch for snakes. I try flying my other drone to try to find lost drone but there is a lotta white patches of sand and lots of shrubs everywhere. Every white patch I think is the drone and there is lots of white patches of sand.

So far 'lost for good'. Have search for it a few times. I know it's last location and the path that is was on so I'm hoping one day I find it. Out in the dunes the brush/shrubs is hard to go thru and gotta watch for snakes. I try flying my other drone to try to find lost drone but there is a lotta white patches of sand and lots of shrubs everywhere. Every white patch I think is the drone and there is lots of white patches of sand.
Sad to hear of your loss. Hopefully you locate it soon. Time to get your hands on a tracker and strap it on. I use one every time... just in case.

Are you in the Permian?

Is that Surfside?? I may be down there Sunday. The forecast wind for Sunday is good.

Last edited:
Surprised to hear this. Another member here has the DBS(no amps) and the bird side done and routinely goes out 14,000' and more with a P3S.
Still new guy here......what is the bird side....I thought the DBS did not have the option of anything on the bird

Guess it depends on which model you have Norman normal. For the P3P/A I would stay away from that bird side kit. The results for people have been very hit or miss with most saying it decreased the range. For that model you're better off just putting boosters if you want to increased your range on the controller.for the PIII standard it just involves putting some dipole antenna is on the bird

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up on it.

Thanks, maxwell! Yeah that silva's bird I think. I missed that booster when I saw those pictures before. For all the trouble I cant imagine that bird flying very far. It has internal battery mod wiring even though he's using a modded battery (wasted weight) superheavy split packs, and a Wi-Fi booster glued to the leg. Bird must weigh as much as a Thanksgiving turkey

Thanks, maxwell! Yeah that silva's bird I think. I missed that booster when I saw those pictures before. For all the trouble I cant imagine that bird flying very far. It has internal battery mod wiring even though he's using a modded battery (wasted weight) superheavy split packs, and a Wi-Fi booster glued to the leg. Bird must weigh as much as a Thanksgiving turkey
I think he got close to 28 min.

My DBS02 shipped out yesterday, can't wait to install and test!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik